ironwood WA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l r harner

Banned
Reaction score
so the buyer found the ironwood they wanted and i got to mkae the handle happen on my knife for them
i ll geyt more pictures when i can set up the light box adn what not

DSC07650sm.jpg

394154_2294734578462_1551997027_31784515_1098019424_n.jpg

What did you put in for the pin? It looks very nice but I think I'd have voted for a slightly longer ferrule and a little more taper.

the pin is SS and i can see how a bit more ferrule woudl balance a bit better but i wantedd to max out the ironwood (came close to a fully ironwood handle )
so far as taper the buyer wanted the balance to be as far farward as i coudl make it so its not really tapered at all

if it woudl have been HO wood the ballance would have been jsut how he wanted it even with a wider butt on the handle

You have done good Butch.

I mean REAL good!

:cool2:

Beautiful knife Butch!
I like the way you positioned the pattern in the burl just right.
The ferrule goes really nice with the darker portion of the ironwood.
They flow together real nicely vs if you had put some sort of contrasting spacer.
I really like it.

...I like the way you positioned the pattern in the burl just right.
The ferrule goes really nice with the darker portion of the ironwood.
They flow together real nicely vs if you had put some sort of contrasting spacer...
I hadn't really analyzed that but you're totally right.

i liek spacers for more plain wood or a combo that will not flow together no matter what way you try and mount the block

with great blocks of wood i hate having that studder step in the look of it

some times the hardest part of me making WA handles is getting the color and patteren combos to work out nicely

Beautiful handle, and even more beautiful blade. I really like the shape of that one.

Looks great......I think the small ferrule lets the iron wood be the showcase.

Butch, great Knife!

Do you have the specs on it?

Thanks!

Back