Quantcast
GOT BURL? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GOT BURL?

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Cocobolo and rosewood burl at its finest!!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    WHY, WHY, WHY, did I click on this link. New junkie here too.

I'm a reeaaal sucker for those blue/green dyed ones. Maaaannn they look good.

Maple burl.
    I'd buy that piece just carry it around and look at.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I am kicking myself, a few days ago I broke a piece of rosewood burl I got from Randy. It took a few days to sink in that it was gone, the knife I was putting it on is going to have a hard time recovering....great pieces of wood.

Kalaeb. What happened? how did it break? I probably can hook you up with another set!!! PM me

Yep These are some extra special cocobolo and rosewood burl pieces.. But the best part is there's a surprise piece on the way to me that is suppose to be "Exhibition" grade and be even better then these.. I didn't think there could be anything better!?!?!?

That Maple piece is SWEET! This is from a raw burl that I got a few years ago. Stellar curl and fire!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Hand picked these out yesterday, I am thinking these will be going on the HHH Blanks I ordered, 240mm gyuto and a longer Nakiri Maybe with a faux ivory ferrule?

Nice! I like them both.. But the bottom one is just ringing my bell over here. Beautiful burl my friend. Im sure they will look great with the blades. BTW.. Email me. I may be able to hook you up with a couple pieces of REAL ivory for the furrule!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Kalaeb. What happened? how did it break? I probably can hook you up with another set!!! PM me
    My own fault, cracked while putting in a couple 1/8 pins. New scales are already attached. Thanks for the offer.

Bummer Kaleb.. Glad you were able to finish the handle.

Stuff happens. That is just the nature of the beast. But its how you deal, when it does. And it sounds like you dealt with it better then I would of.. I cry, then yell! And mope.. LMAO!!

Availible Knives

+ Reply to Thread