My 2 latest knives! PIC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Just got my 2 knives back from Harald!

Can you guess who provided the wood?

Vic+handle+1.jpg

Petty+full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, Oivind. Very nice job as always, DH.

I got to say that the Burl on the Victorinox is out of this world!
Pics dont justify the burl nor the work by Harald! might look a little bulky on the pics, but for those with larger hands its just awesome to hold :)
God I love his work :)

Spectacular combination of materials, nice one Harald.

Gonna need some more pics. That second one is awesome! Hidden tang?

Very slick!!! :doublethumbsup: Are the bolsters on the damascus knife blued or is that just an optical delusion?:D

I hope Darkhoek joins the thread, but here is info from his blog:

The handle on the Victorinox is from a two tone brown dyed maple burl from Burl Source also. Mark, you just blow me away with all that spectacular wood. Three 1,5mm pins from nickel silver and a file worked spine on the tang. Handle is glued up with black epoxy to better show off the file work.

Here is another pic of it:
Vic+filework.jpg

The petty got a handle from stabilized Redwood burl from Burl Source. Thanks again Mark for excellent stuff. The saya is also from redwood burl but unstabilized. The handle spacer and end cap as well as the saya pin is from Musk ox forhead. Hey, it's Christmas! :eek:)

Petty+endcap.jpg

Also I would like to show the other Vic I got:

14-New+handle+small.jpg

So now I got 2 breadknives. Gonna ask Harald to rehandle 2 other knives for me, so I hope to have pics of them next summer.

Not my style at all. That said, Haralds craftmanship is top notch - awesome work he did!!! Congrats Ø.

Latest posts

Back