Christmas Candy!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
We really only make candy during the holiday and I am off to a late start this year, tonight we made fudge and butter carmel.

IMG_1361.jpg

Nothing beats the slow cooked homemade liquid gold.

What other sweets do you all make during the holidays?

In Germany I used to make truffles, too much hassle out here to keep everything cold enough. Everything else gets flown in from my Mom in Germany :) Expecting some cookies, Stollen, and some nice chocolates any day now.

Stefan

It's pretty much been a cookie factory at our house. Cantucci, biscotti, oatmeal/ sour cherry cookies, salted choc chip cookies, mincement(!) cookies, cardomum cookies w/ choc and espresso glazes.

More to come later this week, as we are giving a bunch out for gifts.

Cookies coming up soon, last week I made marshmallows for the obligatory Christmas eve hot chocolate.

We're making chocolate pistachio biscotti for friends and family. As a treat for ourselves, my wife is going to make a gateau sirop and some butter tarts of course.

In addition, we always gift some of the preserves I made in the Summer/Fall. This year it's strawberry syrup, grape jelly and cranberry preserves.

Next year we're hosting Christmas in our new old house, so it'll get more serious with shortbread, ginger cookies, mincemeat pies, carrot pudding w/bourbon sauce and who knows what else at this point.

We're making chocolate pistachio biscotti for friends and family.

Oohh, thanks for mentioning these. I'll make a few biscotti also, dont make them often enough.

Stefan

Latest posts

Back