Well. I'll be forked!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
A little something I have been working on. I'll try to get better pics soon...

The handle wood is stabilized spalted inkline curly maple

Picture2015.jpgPicture2016.jpg

There are lots of knives, but we need forks too right? :)

Now THAT I like the fancy handle on! :)

Nice polish.

-AJ

Thats nice. Now all you need as a big honkin' scimitar and you will have a high zoot BBQ/carving set.:D

Nice fork Pierre....did u buy a blank somewhere or di u make the fork?.....Ryan

Guys, these are antiques! Circa 1960. I found a supply, however fairly limited, of forged 1084 forks, that I have 8 more of right now, and can get a few more. They come to me rough, well rough is a nice way to describe them. I have some to sell if there is any interest. I wanted to get all my sources sorted out, before I described these too much, in case things fell through, this would have stayed with me. Now I would like to make some of them available. These will not be made again at the foundary, and have been sitting in a box for more than 50 years!

Can't argue with old 1084 as a suitable fork material.:doublethumbsup:

:woot:All right, the forks are coming!!!!:woot: My fork is done and Pierre just sent me a few pics, just to make me drool. The handle is curly Koa, can't wait to get it and slice up something! :EDance2: Pics follow.

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

As you can see, he did a fabulous job and the wood is just beautiful. :doublethumbsup: Thank you again Pierre.

Thanks Mark, but it came from you after all :biggrin:. Oh, I think I better start using my name, it's Ed.

You're not the only that received an email from Pierre today Ed...

I asked for something simple and elegant (preferably ebony) to match an ebony handled suji that I have on order from Jon. Pierre expressed some concern about my choice of ebony (which he explained has a tendency to want to crack with time), but he used some special wood that he has had drying for 7 years (!), so I should be in good shape. Two black pins (tough to see but they're there) with a single mosaic pin in the center.

It looks exactly like what I had in mind. I can't wait to see it in person and will post again when it arrives.

Photos courtesy of Mr. Rodrigue:

Rodrigue_Fork_1.jpg

Rodrigue_Fork_2.jpg

Rodrigue_Fork_3.jpg

Rodrigue_Fork_4.jpg

Thanks Pierre!

I think elegant is the perfect term for it. Congrats!

Oohh, how did I miss this one? They all look great! Are there still more forks to be had, Pierre?

Stefan

Fork an A!! those look great.
I think my wife would kick my butt if one showed up on our doorstep, she just inheirited her grandfathers carving set.

Nicest looking fork I've ever seen. I bet it forks well too...whatever that means.

If I did more roasts and large proteins I'd be all over this. They look incredible, Pierre!

Back