Quantcast
Favorite Christmas Music?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Christmas Music?

Favorite Christmas Music?

First of all, I work in retail. So from Black Friday till Christmas Eve, a lot of Christmas music is played. Over the years, I've come to loath the gimmicky songs, such as: I saw Mamma kissing Santa Claus, to the overly sappy, and especially the angst filled modern ones.

There is something about Louis Armstrong's voice that always makes me happy. All of his Christmas music is just plain fun. I really like Christmas in New Orleans and Winter Wonderland.

My favorite guilty pleasure is Santa Baby performed by Eartha Kit. Other artists have covered this song, but non has Eartha's sultry voice.

Jay

None of it. I am an old curmudgeon and hearing 2 months of the stuff for 50 years has really turned me off to most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    None of it. I am an old curmudgeon and hearing 2 months of the stuff for 50 years has really turned me off to most of it.
    You read my mind!!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Engorged Member
    +1 to Eartha Kitt.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    +1 to Eartha Kitt.
    The ONLY Catwoman!

Andrea Bocelli, "My Christmas"
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Handel's Messiah

A lot of the 40's-60's standards with Armstrongs, Deanos, Franks, Bings (lil Drummer Boy with Bowie remains good), etc.
    Mostly stuff I grew up with at this time of year...

But definitely not any Mannheim Steam Roller Techno Christmas Crap!

We just bought an excellent Lynyrd Skynyrd Christmas album off ITunes , something about that honkytonk piano goes really well with XMas music both traditional and original.

Vince Gill's Let There Be Peace On Earth.

New Korn album is pretty good.

I am confident there is a correlation between the increase in suicide rate and the persistant humming of xmas music that everyone in hospitality and retail is subjected too.

I am all for the Louis Armstrong, Bocceli, Sinatra, but when Jingle Bell Rock comes on it makes my hair stand on end and my body functions freeze up (like those fainting goats).

This year, the company I work for decided to play regular music during the holidays and my employees are in a much better mood.