Quantcast
Forced patina on Konosuke HD? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forced patina on Konosuke HD?

Also how long?

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    ...Or for Asian flair siraccha haha
    Wouldn't it be spicy steel then?

Well, you can't just use any condiment in substitution for mustard, it's the vinegar/acid content that is key here. You might be able to doctor something with extra vinegar, give it a shot.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I've got pickle juice!

You might try a ferric chloride/water or ferric chloride/vinegar solution. FC should be available at Radio Shack. It is nasty, nasty, nasty stuff, so be sure and use it outside, far away from anything that could rust. Ask me how I know...

Why? Appearance? There would be no functional reason I can think of. But the b lue luster of the hd polished is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Why? Appearance? There would be no functional reason I can think of. But the b lue luster of the hd polished is spectacular.
    that's why i kept one side un-patina'd.

i waited about an hour with the balsamic on. i panicked briefly because when i first took off the towel, it looked like rust ... but then i realized that balsamic is brown ... i ran it under the sink and voila, no more brown. *whew*

i'll let you guys know if punch-card-patina affects stiction.

I've been using an HD daily for some time now. At first I experienced the "waterspots" that are notoriously ugly. Now, it has a really nice patina, but is much different than a carbon patina; the rainbow hues aren't as evident.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com