Quantcast
Christmas gifts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas gifts

Just got my x-mas present out of customs. Yipeeee! My long desired Carter Neck Knife. Desert Ironwood, White #1.

And here you can see the lamination. I thinks that will look quite nice over time with a growing patina.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    A new circuit board, delrin bolt, and ceramic barrel for my paintball marker.
    Man, I used to hear those terms on a daily basis I'm seriously old-school and still stick with my all-brass Palmers gear. No batteries needed or wanted here since I don't play in speedball tournaments. Speedball fields are perfectly fun with what I got - even if I'm using pump I only get to play once or twice a year now - it's a good thing I get to use nice cooking knives a helluva lot more often!
    Len

New KA Pro 600 stand mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    New KA Pro 600 stand mixer.
    A word of warning on this one--if you make bread, do NOT believe the manual as far as its rated capacity. I went through 2 of these mixers making double batches of bread that were well within the specified capacity of the machine. The first was replaced under warranty; the second is sitting in a closet waiting for me to replace the gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRogerPierce View Post
    Just got my x-mas present out of customs. Yipeeee! My long desired Carter Neck Knife. Desert Ironwood, White #1.

And here you can see the lamination. I thinks that will look quite nice over time with a growing patina.

Nice catch, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Man, I used to hear those terms on a daily basis I'm seriously old-school and still stick with my all-brass Palmers gear. No batteries needed or wanted here since I don't play in speedball tournaments. Speedball fields are perfectly fun with what I got - even if I'm using pump I only get to play once or twice a year now - it's a good thing I get to use nice cooking knives a helluva lot more often!
    LOL yeah it's an e-99! the old one! I only play wooded games, so it's more a matter of just making the marker I have work. I just got the parts in it, and it's got about a 12in spread on the shot pattern--the recoil is down so low it's not even noticeable. Hoping my headcold clears up so I can take some dudes out on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    Nice catch, congrats
    Thanks. Just an amazing knife. At first I thought it's a bit small for my hands, but it fits just perfect.