Pepper Mill Suggestions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabloz

Reaction score
Well it finally happened...our pepper mill finally broke and now I'm looking for suggestions 'cause this is one of my wife's favorite kitchen toys. She absolutely loves the smell and taste of fresh ground Tellicherry/Malabar black peppercorn. I would love to get her one of the best...OH and cool looking as well...not too much to ask is it? May have to get 2...one for the pink himalayan salt unless there is something better for grinding that stuff.

Thanks y'all.

Zassenhaus is my modest recommendation. I have two and they are the best I've ever had.

Cole and Mason.

A real tank. Went through tons of pepper in service [each piece of meat and fish fried and seasoned to order]. Fell millions of times, got boiled in stock, been repaired, lost some lacqueer but still is working like buldog.

Apparently I have missed the boat on Unicorns. I had no idea they even existed. Looks like I will have to pick one up.

The day my pepper mill breaks is the day I buy a Unicorn Magnum.
I woulld not wait. Great last-minute x-mas gift for yourself!

Apparently I have missed the boat on Unicorns. I had no idea they even existed. Looks like I will have to pick one up.
Def worth it! Wide range of grinder settings, and it really spits out a ton of pepper -- at least 5xs a regular grinder. Great for in the kitchen; put a pretty mill on the table though, as these are kinda ugly :)

My vote is for the Unicorn KeyTop Pepper Mill. Smaller than the Magnum, less expensive, and the key top makes it a lot easier to use with slippery fingers.

21pl%2BHPx%2BKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

OK...Unicorn It is. It'll prolly be 2 'cause I just gotta try that ceramic salt mill.

THANK YOU one and all.

Zassenhaus. I like having a handle to really crank out the pepper, and the dial adjustment for size. Haven't tried a Unicorn, tho--they are tempting.

That's a great grinder--I use it when I'm grinding a bunch of pepper, bay leaves, allspice, dried ginger, etc--it handles them all. Can make for interesting coffee if you don't get it good and clean afterwards, tho.

I've had ones that cost 10x more that don't work as well or last as long.

I have the unicorn magnum but I always put in a plug for the Oliver Hemming Spice Mill.

I like them both, but I use the Oliver Hemming more. I like the looks and the feel of it better, it is cleaner (the unicorn leaks grinds like crazy on some settings), it holds the grind better than the Unicorn and is way easier to fill. Just my 2 cents. Both are great, and I will never be able to outvote the Unicorn.

k.

I have several Unicorns, and use various types of pepper, one in each... Normal black pepper from various places, Madagascar native pepper, and a real killer, chili tepin from here in Texas.
Best pepper mill ever, and if you call the Unicorn place, they will use different color parts on the mills to delineate which type you are using.. Very Nice People.
wak

I have a 21 year old William Bounds that simply will not die. It’s tattered now but still showers my food with pepper. It’s awesome. It’s very consistent with the delivery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 85
Back