Quantcast
Need a recommendation on a vacuum packing machine.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a recommendation on a vacuum packing machine.

Need a recommendation on a vacuum packing machine.

So whats the best deal for a small restaurant with about 40 seats? Will be cooking sous vide and basically using it to help preserve food fresh for longer periods of time... like a day longer I guess. Pickling, compressing and all that other stuff.

We use a MVS 45 XP. Its been great so far. A bit on the expensive side, $3800. The same company makes smaller ones for around $1500 I think.

O damn, I'm looking to spend around 1k to 1.5 k TOPS! kinda broke ATM

ARY Vacmaster VP215-C or ARY VacMaster VP112 seem to be the best (only?) sub $1500 chamber sealer options out there. I don't own or have used either, but I am in a similar situation to you and have been looking for chamber vacuum sealer on a budget. You can buy them at Cabelas if you have one of those local to you (they ship too), but you might be able to find them online slightly cheaper.

Let me know if you pick one up and how it does.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I guess I am going to have to pull the trigger on the VP215C, I don't have a lot of choice and frankly I did some research and it seems many use the same pump so how bad can it be? hopefully it will be good.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by memorael View Post
    I guess I am going to have to pull the trigger on the VP215C, I don't have a lot of choice and frankly I did some research and it seems many use the same pump so how bad can it be? hopefully it will be good.
    The VP215C does a great job!! Here is where I got mine, and the price was the best I could find:
    http://www.qualitymatters.com/VacMas.../qmvp-215c.htm

The
    VP112 does a great job if you need to spend less money: http://www.qualitymatters.com/VacMaster-Chamber-Vacuum-Sealer-VP112-by-ARY-p/qmar-vp112.htm

Make sure you order your bags at the same time to get the free shipping!!

I have both of these machines and they do a great job for me, I use them for a lot for sous vide cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by memorael View Post
    Did you end up getting this? How is it?

I am looking at chamber sealers and around same price range as you. The VP210 is quite "cheap" at 900 from amazon.

I see a used one in my area, this one : http://www.acitydiscount.com/Vacuum-....47541.1.1.htm

Could probably get a good deal on it but...I'm not sure if buying used is such a good idea for this equipment.

Its hard to find reviews on these things. I guess people who use it don't typically use a lot of other brands so they don't hvae any thing to compare it with?

I would probably go for VP215 over the VP210 though

+ Reply to Thread