Quantcast
$485 270mm Heiji semi-stainless gyuto

Thread: $485 270mm Heiji semi-stainless gyuto

$485 270mm Heiji semi-stainless gyuto

I think you all know how cool these are. I'm keeping another, but I have to sell this, because a 270mm is too big for the very very small space I have right now. I'm hoping to use that money to buy another Heiji, but I may try and expand out a bit.

This knife is basically new. The marks on the blade are fingerprints. I haven't sharpened it and have only used it to cut a carrot (after which I realized I have way too little space in my kitchen). The edge has rolled a little in some areas, because the edge from the maker is very fragile. Sharpen it with a hamaguri edge and a microbevel, and it'll be totally fine. Look up Heiji's reputation if you need some reassurance.

Measurements:

Heel to tip: 280mm
    Height at heel: 53mm
    Spine at heel: ~3mm
    Spine at midpoint: ~2.3mm
    Spine 1cm from tip: ~1.3mm
    Width of the grind at the shinogi: ~1.8mm

This knife doesn't come with a saya. It is basically new, though, so I'm asking 485 USD shipped CONUS with tracking and insurance. Please send me a PM if you want this knife. I won't be checking the thread that often, so a PM would be better than a post in the thread

thx for explanation of sharpening..
    but this is asymmetry 70\30 grind or ?

No, the picture makes it look asymmetrical, but it is close to 50/50.

When you had the 240 you wanted a 270. Now you got the 270 and this is for sale too?

Don't remind me, lol. The 270 is a bit bigger than the other 270 (non-Heiji) I'd used, and it's a bit big for my space. Someone else told me about this, but I figured it'd be OK. Oh well.

I'll keep it if it doesn't sell at this price. I can deal with a slightly bigger knife, and it's only going to get smaller over the years. It's not optimal for what I have to work with, but I think I can make it work.

well someone is gonna be happy!

Ok this thing's been here long enough. I caved in and sharpened it. I think I can figure out how to use it, so I'm pulling it from the BST. You guys missed out

Good to you ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Ok this thing's been here long enough. I caved in and sharpened it. I think I can figure out how to use it, so I'm pulling it from the BST. You guys missed out
    glad to hear it, this is not the kind of knife you'd want to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    When you had the 240 you wanted a 270. Now you got the 270 and this is for sale too?
    I'm very happy that he got rid of the 240 Shige!