• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

$485 270mm Heiji semi-stainless gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
I think you all know how cool these are. I'm keeping another, but I have to sell this, because a 270mm is too big for the very very small space I have right now. I'm hoping to use that money to buy another Heiji, but I may try and expand out a bit.

This knife is basically new. The marks on the blade are fingerprints. I haven't sharpened it and have only used it to cut a carrot (after which I realized I have way too little space in my kitchen). The edge has rolled a little in some areas, because the edge from the maker is very fragile. Sharpen it with a hamaguri edge and a microbevel, and it'll be totally fine. Look up Heiji's reputation if you need some reassurance.

Measurements:

Heel to tip: 280mm
Height at heel: 53mm
Spine at heel: ~3mm
Spine at midpoint: ~2.3mm
Spine 1cm from tip: ~1.3mm
Width of the grind at the shinogi: ~1.8mm

This knife doesn't come with a saya. It is basically new, though, so I'm asking 485 USD shipped CONUS with tracking and insurance. Please send me a PM if you want this knife. I won't be checking the thread that often, so a PM would be better than a post in the thread

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

thx for explanation of sharpening..
but this is asymmetry 70\30 grind or ?

No, the picture makes it look asymmetrical, but it is close to 50/50.

When you had the 240 you wanted a 270. Now you got the 270 and this is for sale too?

Don't remind me, lol. The 270 is a bit bigger than the other 270 (non-Heiji) I'd used, and it's a bit big for my space. Someone else told me about this, but I figured it'd be OK. Oh well.

I'll keep it if it doesn't sell at this price. I can deal with a slightly bigger knife, and it's only going to get smaller over the years. It's not optimal for what I have to work with, but I think I can make it work.

Ok this thing's been here long enough. I caved in and sharpened it. I think I can figure out how to use it, so I'm pulling it from the BST. You guys missed out :)

Ok this thing's been here long enough. I caved in and sharpened it. I think I can figure out how to use it, so I'm pulling it from the BST. You guys missed out :)

glad to hear it, this is not the kind of knife you'd want to sell :)

Latest posts

Back