Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas** Gift Sets For Sale - Reservation

Christmas** Gift Sets For Sale - Reservation

Well, there are afterisks after Christmas, as I won't be able to deliver these in time for opening them on Christmas day.

My heat treating oven went out in the most inopportune time - so I am just starting heat treating the blanks today (((

So here is what I can offer

I will have

4 x 150mm petty
    4 x 180mm nakiri
    4 x 225mm gyuto
    4 x 250-285mm suji
    4 x 70mm paring

These are priced at $1.5/mm if purchased 2+ with cocobolo or ziricote handles as standard option, or $1.65/mm if purchasing one knife. I also offer wood upgrade, at 20% discount on the wood but that would push the delivery time by 3 weeks, as that what it takes to get it back from stabilizing. This batch of wood has some spectacular koa, amboyna, thuya, mazur birch, buckeye and other choices. Blocks will be priced to market (AA to AAAA quality)

These knives will be thin convex ground and will come with octagonal handles. Masamoto-derived profile. I will produce a video to demonstrate the performance side by side with S-grind. So far, I am pretty pleased how the convex grind performs.

AEB-L is 62RC hard.

If interested, please post here and email me to reserve your sets. These are offered on first-come-first-served basis.

Thank you.

Marko

PS: I also offer these without handles, please contact me if you are interested in just the blades.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

1 gyuto, 1 petty and 1 nakiri please

Quote Originally Posted by lumo View Post
    1 gyuto, 1 petty and 1 nakiri please
    You got it.

Remaining:
    3 x 150mm petty
    3 x 180mm nakiri
    3 x 225mm gyuto
    4 x 250-285mm suji
    4 x 70mm paring

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

What type of handles will they parers have?

Quote Originally Posted by MAS4T0 View Post
    What type of handles will they parers have?
    These will be octagonal with ground radiuses. I can do a metal spacer or a white contrasting spacer.

Knives that are not reserved, will go on the web site or I will send them to Australian partner.

Thanks.

I'll take one of the parers please.

Quote Originally Posted by MAS4T0 View Post
    I'll take one of the parers please.
    You got it.

Remaining:
    3 x 150mm petty
    3 x 180mm nakiri
    3 x 225mm gyuto
    4 x 250-285mm suji
    3 x 70mm paring

If I were to reserve a nakiri and a petty, what would the price difference be on adding amboyna? Or buckeye?

Quote Originally Posted by oldirtyb View Post
    If I were to reserve a nakiri and a petty, what would the price difference be on adding amboyna? Or buckeye?
    I can't tell the prices off the bat, as there are several blocks of each type, however these will be priced comparable to other vendors' stuff, and will be priced to market. 20% discount on the blocks is still on the table, if going the custom wood route.

I would be in for a nakiri with buckeye and a petty with amboyna.