Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Strips Are Coming Up

Magnetic Strips Are Coming Up

I am finishing a few of magnetic strips in 24" in flame cherry. Will post them once they are done.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

PMed =)

Hi Folks,
    have five strips three in cherry and two in mahoganhy. Right now they are in rectangular shape. I am considering making them rectangular, isosceles, and right. Please see the attached picture. 2 7/8 x 1.5 x 25.5" Flash mount, mounting hardware recessed in the back of the board. Can skip burning in maker's mark, if that's thee preference (will burn on the back). Can do natural finish (oil with wax) or custom (allow extra week for the finish).

These are priced at $120 + shipping. Flame Cherry and Flame Mahogany.

Thank you,

Marko
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...cial_cases.png

They are going to be priced

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Marko how do you mount your magnetic strips?

Quote Originally Posted by malexthekid View Post
    Marko how do you mount your magnetic strips?
    http://cdn.kitchenknifeforums.com/at...510139&thumb=1

The one on the left is cherry, the one on the right - mahogany

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0276.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	31837

$120 is a promotional price for the first ten strips. Between cost of components, figured wood, and labor that goes into producing them, I am making very modest profits. I do them, because I like to offer knife related accessories, under my name.

I will make some in walnut and maple after these are done.

Each of these strips will have a continuous magnetic field, shielded so it pulls only at the front. 24" of magnetic surface. Will take some pictures of a strip filled with knives once one is completed.

I am giving a customer a choice of rectangular, with one bottom chamfer or two chamfers. Personally I think a strip with a chamfer will allow to release the knife easier, all you need is to press on the handle to break the hold. On a strip without chamfers, the best way to separate the knife is to twist it to the spine and then remove it.

Thanks,

Marko

I'm definitely interested in a walnut one (assuming they are going to be the same dimensions) or something even more exotic if you happen to come across the right piece of wood.

Strips in cherry are bespoken.

Cherry and mahogany blocks after finish set in look indistinguishable)) Go figure.

I will be making strips in these dimensions.

M

Just waiting for details from those who are interested. I can only work them as a batch, so please provide me with details.

Thanks,

Marko