Quantcast
Work in Progess - Page 4
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Work in Progess

Marko, lovely work as always, really quality pieces there...

Looking forward to seeing mine soon

Josh

Working this weekend on a bunch of handles, finishing up sayas for Dave (Hiromoto re-handle 4) and one cutting board in cherry. Pics to follow.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I have a knife/handle/saya coming from marko and a saya for a 300mm suji from hiro group buy #4. Do the Hiro sayas have to go back to dave to check for fit? If they dont I figured we could avoid shipping them all over the northeast and bundle them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I have a knife/handle/saya coming from marko and a saya for a 300mm suji from hiro group buy #4. Do the Hiro sayas have to go back to dave to check for fit? If they dont I figured we could avoid shipping them all over the northeast and bundle them all together.
    They need to go to Dave to check the fit. Dave should have them on Tue-Wed.

M

Ebony set for a Watanabe gyuto. Set looks jmuch darker in a real life. Too much light much in the room.

M

Nice work, Marko. You're giving me ideas for a couple of knives I have that need handles and sayas.

Anything other WIP to show us?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Nice work, Marko. You're giving me ideas for a couple of knives I have that need handles and sayas.

Anything other WIP to show us?

Rick
    I have to finish three sayas today-tomorrow, and then I will only work on handles. Mixing the two is not the most efficient way of doing things, and I am slow to begin with.

Your handle should be finished next week. I know, I say that every week, but this time I am pretty confident I will be able to finish it.

I also have a few boards in work. These are glued up. I need to crosscut them, re-glue and finish them.

Playing around with some other ideas and wood and metal but nothing concrete yet.

M

240mm Shigefusa kitaeji gyuto with Ironwood/horn/sterling silver spacer handle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1649.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	482

Name:	DSC_1650.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	483

Name:	DSC_1651.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	484

Name:	DSC_1652.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	485

Nice work, Marko -- that looks stunning!