post your xmas scores here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power of ceramic is underestimated!

This one never needs sharpening, easy to clean, easy to handle, you can have it in the dishwasher, it doest stain the food, nor does it pick up taste from foods.
Its truly a piece of art. Wanna buy it for lets say 500 USD? Its a steal!

Mine is my 270 Heiji, but I think it's a big for my set-up right now. :(
I may still keep it, though.

Unnamed unused honyaki yanagi 300mm, and 210mm Blue 2 Deba, both from auctions and lucky buys for very cheap.
Filarmonica Double Temple #13 Razor never used, never honed, mint condition for much less than the going price.

Stefan we need some pics !!! :D
I'll post when I am done with the knives, here is the Filarmonica:

67ml2x.jpg

kochs.jpg

Theo A. Kochs Co. "Monte Carlo" Made in Germany ca. 1913

I got myself a Gesshin Hide hon-kasumi wa gyuto and a friend just gave me a Konosuke HD 240 western gyuto with corian handle...now I have a wa-hd and yo-hd lol.

OK, Mine is not new and or is it pretty, But its very cool, and means alot to me because of where it came from. I took it to the stones and it quickly gained a hair poppin edge!

The blade is marked. Clyde Cutlery Co.

If anyone has any info they want to share about this company or this style of knife it would be appreciated

OAL 20" Blade is 13 3/4"

Christmas 2011 089.JPG

Christmas 2011 087.JPG

Christmas 2011 078.JPG

Christmas 2011 082.JPG

Christmas 2011 081.JPG

Practice yanagi with handle by Stefan and sharpened by Dave, Hide Mioroshi deba, Staub fry pan, Sjaak's organic chocolates Truffles, Balvenie 17 yr Madeira Cask Scotch Whiskey :thumbsup:

If anyone has any info they want to share about this company or this style of knife it would be appreciated

Looks like a machete. Did a quick search, and Clyde Cutlery (of Clyde, OH) used to make them for the US military.

Looks like a butchers knife to me. :) Either way Im happy to have it and will try and cut some stuff with it every chance I can!! :)

That's a bull nosed butcher's knife, abet a big one. I think you could easily remove a hog's head with that sucker.

The new Voltagio brothers cookbook INC., the amazing veggie cook book PLENTY, and an as yet to be decided non stick skillet for cooking fish! Oh and a new stone for my EP. Sweet.

OK, Mine is not new and or is it pretty, But its very cool, and means alot to me because of where it came from. I took it to the stones and it quickly gained a hair poppin edge!

The blade is marked. Clyde Cutlery Co.

OAL 20" Blade is 13 3/4"
clyde cutlery were famous for their kitchen knives and machetes. They made knives for the military during ww2 to vietnam. In 1970 there was a fire and the factory burnt down that same year they were sold to another company name shelby-clyde . They finished their orders by salvaging what steel they could and just faded away.

Yeah that looks awesome I'd love to whip that out at the Sushi bar

Awesome bull nose, Randy! Me want!!! Great story, too.
I didn't get a single kitchen related gift this year, which I'm ok with. I have far too many of everything...sort of. I got a beautiful tool cabinet so I can finally store my stones, sandpaper and of course tools and scales in a good spot. I also got a great little Gillette Double Edge razor, as well as the typical stuff. My wife told me that something else is on its way, but is somewhere in the mail system. Who knows what it might be...all I know is, I got spoiled :D

I got a diamond blade water saw now i can cut and test the large amount of potential local naturals I've collected

My oldest sister gave me........
A fondue set.

Back