Quantcast
JNS 1000 - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128

Thread: JNS 1000

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fort Duquense
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?

    of course this could be true.
    i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
    also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
    its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

    why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
    maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
    something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

    clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by dough View Post
    of course this could be true.
    i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
    also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
    its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

    why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
    maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
    something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

    clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.
    If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.
    I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product), he is competition to 330mate though.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.
    I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.


    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product)
    I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is.

  4. #44
    GoogleFu San steeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego,Ca
    Posts
    1,820
    Won't be the first time .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?
    If it was it still doesn't give them the right to use Maxim's brandname! Go ahead and make a burger called Bigmac, advertice it ... and see what happens

  6. #46

    ecchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the Village.
    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Anyone ever consider that Mark and Ken might be actually the same person?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

  7. #47
    Yep they also clame they have Jons stones on KF.
    That i am very sure they dont !

  8. #48
    If you do a search of "jns" on the website, you get two hits - to the 320 and 600 stones where Ken comments how each stone retains swarf similar to the "JNS 320."

    I haven't seen the videos that are posted, nor do I care to, but did Ken actually buy the JNS 320 stone or did he borrow it from someone?

    Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.




    I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is.
    You are a brave man, Dave -


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    99Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LVW, Manchester, NJ
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?
    It's buried down in the later pages of the Naniwa Chosera or Bester thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •