Quantcast
JNS 1000 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128

Thread: JNS 1000

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fort Duquense
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?

    of course this could be true.
    i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
    also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
    its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

    why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
    maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
    something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

    clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by dough View Post
    of course this could be true.
    i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
    also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
    its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

    why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
    maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
    something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

    clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.
    If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.
    I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product), he is competition to 330mate though.

  3. #43
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fleetwood, PA
    Posts
    9,297
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.
    I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.


    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product)
    I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is.

  4. #44
    GoogleFu San steeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego,Ca
    Posts
    1,752
    Won't be the first time .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?
    If it was it still doesn't give them the right to use Maxim's brandname! Go ahead and make a burger called Bigmac, advertice it ... and see what happens

  6. #46

    ecchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hell Lite; aka Okinawa
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Anyone ever consider that Mark and Ken might be actually the same person?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

  7. #47

    maxim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,970
    Yep they also clame they have Jons stones on KF.
    That i am very sure they dont !

  8. #48
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,582
    If you do a search of "jns" on the website, you get two hits - to the 320 and 600 stones where Ken comments how each stone retains swarf similar to the "JNS 320."

    I haven't seen the videos that are posted, nor do I care to, but did Ken actually buy the JNS 320 stone or did he borrow it from someone?

    Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

  9. #49
    Marko Tsourkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    3,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.




    I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is.
    You are a brave man, Dave -


    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    99Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    GSP, Exit 117A
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?
    It's buried down in the later pages of the Naniwa Chosera or Bester thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts