JNS 1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
This topic was mention at youtube and KF, i did not started it or made any comments before they started to clame it !!

Recently some vendor clammed that they have my JNS 1000 grit stone they even use my name on other stone on they website !!!
The thing that pissed me most of that they use JNS 1000 in they website !

To prove that it is different stone i made a video but still they think its same stone.
On my viset to Japan i have visited Tanaka toishi where all of they re brandet stones come from. And i know what brand that stone is, i will kip it secret to not be same jurk as they are !

In Japan that color of stones is very popular they call it marble actually same color is used on 6k 8k 4k 400 grit in all different brands, basically if you order enough stones you can choose your own color.

My stone is even bigger, harder, cheaper as you can see in the video and faster ! But still they dont see the differens in the video, i am thinking how can they make evaluation of stones if they cant even see differens in simple synthetic stones :scared4: How can they sell Naturals stones then !

My point is in this post, that color or brand do not tell you anything how stone preforms and what stone it is ! I dont mention witch stone is better here !! Just pointing out they are not the same

Here is my video reply:

[video=youtube;fCNNbW7EZTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNNbW7EZTc&list=UUs-7XfitjOEgbKX0842AtLQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I will not mention who sellers is or what brands is used of they stones !

I used your 1k on my moritaka, full pressure mode uthil my hands hurt from grinding, the stone barely barely dished, not smidgen of mud on it all pure swarf. Ken stone makes so much more mud compared one has to be blind not to be able to see the difference.

As far as naturals from another vendor that we all know ,I heard some pretty interesting stories about the quality of the product and the customer service. Apparently if someone in Japan says that the stones are good and stamps them then they can't possibly be flawed in any way, therefore no returns are accepted.

I see the site and I'm not surprised this fella will use your name - anything for a buck ... or 2.

For me its just very weird why they start all that, the only reason most be that they think i have very good reputation :D

You sure have and I think that fool have been acting stupid on many occations - posting terrible utube vids etc. I don't even understand why people send $$ his way - to me he is as fake as one can be ...

After typing jns 1000 into google, i can now begin to see why Dave has such a with those two (you know who)

That's pretty poor behaviour if you ask me.

You sure have and I think that fool have been acting stupid on many occations - posting terrible utube vids etc. I don't even understand why people send $$ his way - to me he is as fake as one can be ...
ha ha those stone reviews are so bad...

I don't understand why everyone thinks they are the same stone...they look very different to me.

Maksim, the JNS 1000 looks like an incredible stone!

I don't think it's because people think it's the same stone. Trouble is that Maxim's "brandname" is in the title on the page where the stone is advertised.

Seriously pathetic. I was going to buy something from them, but this crap is too much. Sneaking it into their page so it shows up on a google search. And with a ******, obviously fake review on the page.

Man, that is lame. Those guys just have no class at all..

Lars

Here we go again.....will they ever stop this crap? :scared4:

I had hoped that by this point they had spent some time in the R&D department and put in some hard work to gain the knowledge and respect that this brings but it appears that this isn't the case. In my opinion, those guys know very little between them on this subject so they need to gain credibility and/or knowledge from people who do possess these things - that is if they wish to succeed selling these products.

Maksim, I'm sorry to hear that you're their newest victim (I know how it feels). I'd wager that you won't be the last. I'm disgusted.... :disdain:

Those guys are F..... U.. Here's a little for google. JNS 1000 ... JNS 320 etc. is the brand of Maxim's stones. Mark R i c h m o n d and Ken Schwartz from Chef Knives To Go obviously don't care about ethics etc. and are willing to use others brandnames / do fake reviews - to promote their own business. From what I hear it's not the first time this has happened. I hope as many as possible will be aware of this and boycot the bastards.

I really have to appologize Dave and others, and I have to because to this point i didnt realized it was so serious!

Wouldnt expect that, but there it is! What kind of a person are you to steal somebodys work and post it on your website. Shite!

Surely we should write to the small knife producers he is selling within his shop, and tell them the story and ask to just stop the dealing with such a ***.

For what it's worth I just offered my support to Maxim by placing an order on the JNS 1000 grit stone. Looking forward to receive it :D

Nah, it's just a small contribution - for now - I'm sure there will be more buys from me in the future :D

Here we go again my name is again is used in description.
This time it is same stone as mine.
But wow for a pure sharpening the knife edge scrapping against unflattened corners of the stone. :scared4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2i-Fk8X2BkI#!
I can't understand why are they mentioning your stone when you sell is so much cheaper then them, that is the dumbest thing ever.
Here what I was told over at the other forum:
I can't quite understand your 'English', but are you saying the 320's are the same stone? Really? You can tell this from just looking at two white stone pictures without even seeing both in action? What amazing powers of deduction. X ray vision over the net, lol.
Then on the video description he claims they are the same, it looks like he has that magical X ray vision but others do not?

Your 320 is cheaper than theirs even if shipped to US, and how do they know is similar in characteristics is beyond me. And he is talking about honesty, what a tool.
Oh and check this out:
If you want to send me your 1k for me to compare directly, I can confirm that they are the same or not, but that's as much effort as I can devote to this.
Can you believe that?

i cant even believe the direction that thread on KF. it was so backhanded. in fact mark bumped that thread about low grit stones over a year old... deleted his post... then managed to talk about his products and have ken jump in to call people out as shills. its so pointlessly ridiculously confusing.

hopefully its ends up getting you free advertisement.

it sucks to have confusion surrounding your products and not even be able to confront it at the source.

anyway i still want a jns 1000 but sadly my money is spent this month so gotta wait til next month... hopefully you will have a few left when im ready to purchase one.

in the end i for one just want to spend more of my money at your store then i even did before this silliness.

Its made me want one from you even more:D Very Sneaky though. I notice JNS 1000 comes up in the page title as its loading, then vanishes, must be in the coding somewhere to get it in on Google searches.

Just notised that review come up on his website that tells my stone is more expensive, that is just not true !
And BTW he only allow good reviews on his website all bad ones he delete, hehe so pathetik.
I really hope now people will see who they dealling with.
I sell manly Jnats so luckily it dose not affect me at all :)

We are all knife and stone enthusiast and we shod respect etch other.

That trick for me is total pointless and only show how weak they are, and how fare they will go just to sell more.

What post did he removed??

i cant even believe the direction that thread on KF. it was so backhanded. in fact mark bumped that thread about low grit stones over a year old... deleted his post... then managed to talk about his products and have ken jump in to call people out as shills. its so pointlessly ridiculously confusing.

loving this thread! my only regret is that i havent discovered this highly educated and informed populace sooner! off with t** h*** o* M*** R*******!

the deleted post didnt have anything to do with this.
it was just about choseras and bestons.

Ok now they use my name JNS on 1000, 320 and 600 grit stones just to bust they google search.
I hope you guys see what happening here :(

Back