Quantcast
The Old Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Old Forum

The Old Forum

Just visited the old forum for the first time since coming to this one and boy has it changed. It's really weird or am I just reading into it.

Anyway big thanks to Dave and the knife lunatics here who keep this place great and the vendors who keep making us great kit!

it is very slow, much slower than here

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Which old forum are we talking about?

The one that is ruled by puppy killers.

Just kidding.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I post very rarely there. Mostly I post to help out new people, that's about it

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Yeah, well...this he who shall not be named crap, because of petty feuds, gets a little tiresome after a while.

I visit there every so often. The place is not near as happening as here. But I will chime in every once in awhile.
    Sometimes there are some pretty good posts there.

It reminds me of an abandoned mining town. There's still the buildings but the majority of the miners and support system have been scattered to the wind. It's just a shell of its former glory.

Also, did you see that thread at KF about the forum being sold to Blade? Interesting. Maybe one day it will speed up.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I wish they would update the software, remove all the polarizing ads, and change the whole look of it.

It's interesting, because it is basically being reborn. The whole community is 95% guys with less than 2 years experience with knives of any quality, most less than a year. The result is that it will produce a totally different thing after about 5 years! They will grow their own rehandle guys, and their own preferred style of knife, etc etc.

I just wish they stupid site worked. Ever. On Christmas, the domain looked straight up vacant! I can check all the new threads in like 1/5 the time here on KKF, but it's so bangin busy, I still spend about an hour a day on here!

+ Reply to Thread