Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Year's Burl

Mark probably passed out in the wood pile! Time for

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

This thread will show batches of the New Woods for 2012 as I get them added to our Webstore.

For those of you who took part in our annual year end clearance sale; "Thank You"
    Hundreds of pieces were sold in just a few days. Thank you for making 2011 a great year. That enables me to get lots of new and unusual woods for 2012.

For this years wood I am trying to focus on providing some of the most dramatic knife handle woods I can find throughout the world. There will still be some budget priced pieces, but most of what you see in the store will be hard to find, high grade and unusual pieces. All of the stabilized wood is professionally stabilized by K&G. In my opinion, one of the best professional stabilizing companies there is. As before, everything in the store comes with free shipping worldwide and a money back guarantee.

The first batch of Stabilized Wood I have added to the store is Red Morrell Burl from Western Australia.
    This is a very nice, Red Australian burl that I get from Western Australia each year. This comes from a small mill that harvests the burl themselves. Each year they pick out some of the very best blocks for me. This wood usually has a lot of open eyes and cracks. At least the stuff I have been able to find here in the US. To avoid that I import the pieces before they are dry. This way I can dry the wood slowly to avoid most of the common flaws. Once I have it dried I send it to K&G for stabilizing.

I only get a limited amount of this wood each year. After the pieces in the store are gone, it will probably be another year before I have more.

Stabilized Red Morrell Burl from Australia - Click on this link or the photo to see what is available in our store.

As I add other new wood to our store I will make a post here.
    This way you can be some of the first to see the new stuff for 2012.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

This is another Red Australian Burl from my friends in Western Australia.
    Stabilized Vasticola Burl.

Visit our web store

Hey Mark, whens that redwood going up? I've been killing my refresh button with overuse!

I just finished adding these blocks of Buckeye. The redwood will be next. Probably about an hour.

Visit our web store

I just finished adding some extra large redwood blocks.
    These should yield 2 wa handles plus extra ferrule material.

Visit our web store

Just snagged this!

Holy BURL! Cant wait to see it in real life!