Quantcast
How do I attach photos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I attach photos

How do I attach photos

so they can be viewed in full size? I usually link to photobucket but would like the pics to show here!

Guess I found out

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    Guess I found out
    Please tell me! My pics are thumbnail sized and I don't know how to correct that.
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

Quote Originally Posted by BobCat View Post
    Please tell me! My pics are thumbnail sized and I don't know how to correct that.
    You can either reference the photo URL if it is stored in Photobucket, or upload the file from your computer.

In Photobucket, when you mouse over a photo, a dropdown of URLs will appear. I copy the bottom URL, the one marked IMG code, and paste that into my post. The drawback is that the photo appears full size in your post, and can slow down the loading of the page for others if you post too many of them.

If you have photos on your computer, click the Insert Image icon in the reply window, select the "From Computer" tab, and click the Select files button. Navigate to your photos on your computer, select one or more of them and click on the upload button. The files will be uploaded to the KKF webserver and the HTML for your pics will be inserted in your post automatically. The photos will display as thumbnails until they are clicked, and then will be displayed in a popup window. The drawback here is that you have a finite amount of space to upload your photos, and once you hit the limit, you'll have to delete older ones to upload new ones.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Thanks Rick!
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

In my posting permissions it sais "You may not post attachments". Can this be changed through settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter01 View Post
    In my posting permissions it sais "You may not post attachments". Can this be changed through settings?
    I think you have to be a paying member to get that permission

I've been thinking about supporting the site, so much great information here!

That said... I'm quite surprised. I see how bandwidth, storage and cost are associated. Pictures are such an essential part of communicating on a forum though that I would have liked to see it as a standard option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter01 View Post
    I've been thinking about supporting the site, so much great information here!

That said... I'm quite surprised. I see how bandwidth, storage and cost are associated. Pictures are such an essential part of communicating on a forum though that I would have liked to see it as a standard option.
    Posting photos as attachments isn't the only method. Upload your photos to Photobucket and link to them. All it involves is one extra step.

The nice thing about attachments is that they show as thumbnails until you click on them, which helps if you are viewing the post from a slow internet connection.

Rick

Since I will probably stick around here I made a small donation using the button at the top of the forums. Not sure what it takes to be considered a paying member but its a start :-)