Quantcast
Such a thing as a good non stick pan?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Such a thing as a good non stick pan?

Such a thing as a good non stick pan?

Hey guys

Got a non stick Calphalon slide fry pan for Xmas. But don't know if it's any good. I'm super wary of non stick and wondered if y'all had reccomendations??? Hit me with the slippery truth!

http://www.target.com/p/Bialetti-10-...k/-/A-13370138 I have read good things about this but I haven't tried one.

Emeril sells a pan made by All-Clad that is sandwich construction with copper core, stainless exterior, and has a non-stick inside surface. I have four of them and they have lasted for years. Excellent heat distribution and non-stick properties.

This link is to the 8" version. The largest ones I have are 12" and were hard to find.

http://www.amazon.com/Emeril-Pro-Cla...6/ref=sr_1_12?
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

My father is a serious home cook. I purchased two nonstick Calphalon fry pans at his suggestion (he uses All-Clad stainless steel otherwise) and have been pleased with them. I had some "no name" nonstick pans from Costco prior to picking up the Calphalon ones, and the nonstick surface on them eventually stopped working. I baby the Calphalons per the instructions - warm soapy water and a sponge, nothing abrasive. Not terribly expensive either. I picked mine up off of Amazon.

You can pick up a black steel pan. Once it turns black its fairly non stick and has great heat transfer. Sort of like this: http://www.jbprince.com/black-steel-...pan-8-inch.asp

Lodge SC2 is my non stick pan.

I used to buy cheap throw-always because they all lose their characteristics, but I have Swiss Diamond pan that has held up better than anything else so far.

Stefan

"Such a good thing as a good non-stick pan?" Nope! Get a Debuyer or cast iron.

I was looking at a debuyer today and that looked closest to what I want. My primary goal with this pan will be cooking fish. That sound like a good tool for the application ?

i use one of those ceramic coated greenpans that works great.