Catcheside Cutlery - Picture Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
My brother Steve took some more natural shots of my W's pattern knives today with his pro-gear. Thought it would be a good way to start my Gallery and some different shots to the ones on the individual threads. Anyway to the pictures.:D
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Mmm Yummy:D

Hope its ok to credit my brother, Steve Catcheside for the photographs and out of courtesy provide a link to his website as he did them for beer.:thumbsup:
http://www.ketch-22.co.uk/

Liking the group shot, those three would be nearly all I need, though you've seen my set so know the emphasis is on the nearly :D
loving the rib of beef too

Thank you kind sirs, Mmm yeah rare beef isn't camera shy is it.:D

The suji looks like it made quick work of that slab o' beef.:doublethumbsup:

Thanks Guys, the chopping board is from a big plank of apple wood. I flatted it down and put some rubber feet on. Its very soft wood and has warped a bit but it seems to do the job very well for the time being. I made up some wax for it with beeswax and mineral oil.

High layer Feathered W's pattern wa Gyuto finished.
This one has a Stabilzed Horse Chestnut burl handle with solid explosion damascus fittings.
The steels are 75ni8 and en42J
The blade is 240mm, 49mm height. Lots of taper, 2.2, 1.8, 0.7. Fully convex faces. Uber thin at the edge, cuts very well indeed.
IMGP2033.jpg

IMGP2034.jpg

IMGP2035.jpg

IMGP1947.jpg

IMGP1964.jpg

IMGP2019.jpg

IMGP1991.jpg

IMGP2029.jpg

IMGP1989.jpg

"Turbulence" Pattern wa Petty with full damascus fittings and stabilized blue Maple burl.
IMGP2039.jpg

IMGP2038.jpg

IMGP2037.jpg

IMGP2032.jpg

IMGP2011.jpg

IMGP2008.jpg

IMGP2002.jpg

IMGP2000.jpg

IMGP1999.jpg

IMGP1998.jpg

The fit and finish appears to be outstanding, Will.

Will,

You are giving me a headache.. "Rustable" knives are not my thing.. but it is calling.. esp the feather damascus with the matching damascus ferule, and the wood with a short story.....

Rgds

dl

Thanks Tinh, they were a bit of a mission, lots of firsts for me with the damascus and the ferrules, so I couldn't really go and rush the finish.:D
David, Many thanks. :biggrin:

That is some beautiful steel - nice work - love the W Damascus.

Here is my opinion on your knives WillC. Remember this is purely based on the pictures I have seen as I never have tried them my self:

I really like your profile, and by the looks the geometry. I also fancy you handles.
So based on your pictures I would put knives above many other kitchenknifemakers even among some of the makers here on the forum.

Hows your prices, gonna keep em secret or can you post it openly?

Thank you very much Guys. Olvind, your very kind. These pieces were a real challenge.
My prices are on my blog for pre-orders and some work is available. I'm trying to work out a way to price different damascus. There is more time in a Feathered W's to my W's pattern and due to the nature of the material I get less out blades out of it. So I think a Feathered W's Pattern like this would be a special order from my standard pricing for damascus, which is still high end damascus. I told you I was having trouble wording it!:D I'll work it out.
I think I will just stick to having a couple of options on my priced damascus line up each year, then do everything else as a special pattern priced according to time desirability. Or special order for ordering a pattern that I have produced before.

I found those last two knives literally breathtaking.

That petty is incredible and the "turbulence" is by far your best looking damascus pattern in my eyes. It looks kind of alive, which you don't get with all the others. On that one the pattern in the wood and the pattern in the blade complement each other really well. Great work

Magnificent knife. Your rate of progress in this game is so very impressive.

Now that is some serious bling going on there. I was unshure of the full damascus ferrule of the chestnut at first, maybe a bit to bling for a simple wood. The more i look at it though, the more i like it. The maple knife i got instantly though, the damascus goes really well with the colourful burl. You should check out Devin's "chevron" knives. Those are the standard as far as i'm concerned regarding damascus ferrules and caps. I think the addition of the spacer at the rear of his handles really sets them of perfectly, something i think would suit yours as well.

All that being said though, i'm not suprised these sold straight away, really top quality craftsmanship.

PS, did these go to Singapore as well!

Many thanks all for the kind words.
Thanks Aphex, no the Petty is off to New York and the Gyuto sold locally to a damascus addict. :D

Back