Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Picture Gallery

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Another Suji, This one what turned out to be a very interesting experiment in grain and flow. Its a big 310mm Suji with a serpentine composition of damascus, high carbon edge and Blister iron spine, repeated etches and finer and finer polishing reveals the ultra fine pattern of the blister steel, flowing with the serpentine, also got some very interesting "reflections" in the edge steel on etching. The western handle is a little different and challenging also, I kept the lines crisp rather than rounding to match in with the narrow choil, really happy with the results, handle is in ironwood and damascus.

Uhhh... holy smokes that's INCREDIBLE!

Really beautiful work! And I wouldn't have even realized about the amount of belly if you hadn't mentioned it... WoW

Thanks man, yes it was largely corrected, knife got a bit narrower as a result and lost 10mm length, but it came good in the end Would be very cool to repeat the movement intentionally on a slicer or maybe a scimitar ! Was an interesting one for sure, always something to learn ..

The prettiest piece came out of your uggly hands, bro!!! Very, very impressive!!! Ufff. Can't stop watching on this display masterpiece!!! Hate you!! You make me want it... grrrrrrrr . Estimated price?? Scary??

I can't stop looking at this! Truely might be one of the most beautiful knives I have ever seen, easily in the top 5!!!

Thanks Chaps thats encouraging ha ha Andrey, I need a manicure... yes will be at the pricey end but not as much as the full composite pieces as there is less damascus...will price it up next week. Blade in the region of £40/cm plus handle time/materials.