Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS- Catcheside Summer oddballs sale!

FS- Catcheside Summer oddballs sale!

Hello all, while I'm busy on commissions no Utility line and monos have been made from me for a while, no time to make them just at the moment! So I have finished up a few that were left behind for one reason or another or have slight visual imperfections.
    I will be offering these at a forum only discount over the next couple of weeks.

First up!! 180mm san mai Gyuto
    This one slipped through the net as was a tad short for a commission.
    It was forged a couple of years ago, it is more in line with my older profile, in san mai of plain steel and blue paper 2.
    Nice forging with good thickness entering the handle and a nice taper, super thin at the edge. I have finished it with a chunky utility line handle that fills the hand well.

Blade length - 185mm height 45mm Balance on choil.
    Thickness over heel - 4mm

If you are looking for a smaller Gyuto, this will be an excellent workhorse with fine geometry.

I used my old logo in keeping with when it was forged out.

Comes with knife bag and certificate

Pictures...

Price £260 all in, PM me for conformation of availability and paypal details.

Will get pics of the other blades early next week, there is a stainless san mai Suji, two white 1 core san mai Suji and a large damascus/san mai Gyuto coming up.

Thanks All

Will

Sure, I will take it.

Nice one Matt, you have a pm with payment details, have a great weekend, sun is out here for a change

This one is Sold, Thanks Mat

A couple of special oddballs for you now in San mai/damascus for near the price of mono steel!

First off a stainless san mai Suji, great little line knife size. 230mm 42mm height. About 3.8mm over the heel, zero flex, wicked taper and convex grind. Core steel is 01. Why did this one get put aside - Well I added a few extra layers of contrasting layers next to the core, but got the layers the wrong way round on one side so it just blends with the cladding So the view does not match, but both views are very nice

This one is dressed with a maple handle with simple cow horn spacer.

Price is £380 all in.

Next up is a big damascus clad Suji. This was an old blank put aside because there were a few marks in the damascus and the core was slightly off centre. The grind is recent, it is convex for the last half inch and slightly hollow from there to the spine, the marks disappeared during hollow grinding

Core material is 01 clad with carbon damascus. Blade is 295mm 45mm height again around 3.8mm over the heel, hollow/convex geometry, see heel shot. The handle is Maple with blue spacer and desert ironwood burl ferrule.

Price on this one is £440 all in

These are both sharp and ready to go as before Pm me for conformation and payment as these are forum only

Thanks All

Will

Wow stunning work will!!!

Thanks

Come on then folks, as these are slight oddballs I can do a little bit more to tempt on the price,
    Stainless san mai Suji/line - £360
    Big dammy clad Suji - £390

Thats the price of my mono line for damascus/san mai

I know if I had some extra $$$ I'd be all over this.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

Will, I seem to recall you express prices in BPS. But that E looking thing is Euro?
    Dave
    Older and wider.