Quantcast
Catcheside Cutlery - Picture Gallery - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Picture Gallery

Thanks Tinh, they were a bit of a mission, lots of firsts for me with the damascus and the ferrules, so I couldn't really go and rush the finish.
    David, Many thanks.

That is some beautiful steel - nice work - love the W Damascus.

Here is my opinion on your knives WillC. Remember this is purely based on the pictures I have seen as I never have tried them my self:

I really like your profile, and by the looks the geometry. I also fancy you handles.
    So based on your pictures I would put knives above many other kitchenknifemakers even among some of the makers here on the forum.

Hows your prices, gonna keep em secret or can you post it openly?

Quote Originally Posted by zitangy View Post
    ...esp the feather damascus with the matching damascus ferule, and the wood with a short story.....
    +1

Spectacular work Will.

Thank you very much Guys. Olvind, your very kind. These pieces were a real challenge.
    My prices are on my blog for pre-orders and some work is available. I'm trying to work out a way to price different damascus. There is more time in a Feathered W's to my W's pattern and due to the nature of the material I get less out blades out of it. So I think a Feathered W's Pattern like this would be a special order from my standard pricing for damascus, which is still high end damascus. I told you I was having trouble wording it! I'll work it out.
    I think I will just stick to having a couple of options on my priced damascus line up each year, then do everything else as a special pattern priced according to time desirability. Or special order for ordering a pattern that I have produced before.

I found those last two knives literally breathtaking.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

That petty is incredible and the "turbulence" is by far your best looking damascus pattern in my eyes. It looks kind of alive, which you don't get with all the others. On that one the pattern in the wood and the pattern in the blade complement each other really well. Great work

Magnificent knife. Your rate of progress in this game is so very impressive.

Now that is some serious bling going on there. I was unshure of the full damascus ferrule of the chestnut at first, maybe a bit to bling for a simple wood. The more i look at it though, the more i like it. The maple knife i got instantly though, the damascus goes really well with the colourful burl. You should check out Devin's "chevron" knives. Those are the standard as far as i'm concerned regarding damascus ferrules and caps. I think the addition of the spacer at the rear of his handles really sets them of perfectly, something i think would suit yours as well.

All that being said though, i'm not suprised these sold straight away, really top quality craftsmanship.

PS, did these go to Singapore as well!

Many thanks all for the kind words.
    Thanks Aphex, no the Petty is off to New York and the Gyuto sold locally to a damascus addict.

+ Reply to Thread