Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Picture Gallery

Will, This is a BEAUTY! I dont know how I missed this one.. But Im glad I found it!! Great looking cutter my friend!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Thanks Randy. There was allot of satisfaction in finishing that one after all the hours and dramas with the damascus. Thats what its all about though eh!

4sure! The damascus looks amazing! Very impressive Will! The whole knife is Impressive! Also I really like the Damascus in the handle. I could go on and on..

I mean really I spent quite a few minutes studying and admiring this knife.. You done good! Send it over here and Ill test it out for a few months and let ya know how it cuts! lolol

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Ha ha, Randy, its gone to a new home. Seriously though would love to do a swap sometime on a Gyuto, I'll make you one to use at home and you make me one in return. Could be a fun thing, when there's time.

Oh man, you two! That would only make magic.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    "Turbulence" Pattern wa Petty with full damascus fittings and stabilized blue Maple burl.

This is some good looking stuff.

Pesky

Hard to keep up with all threads and I neglected this one. Beautiful knives! Wondering about the damascus ferruls, how heavy are the knives, I would expect them to be quite a bit more than with a horn ferrule. Not that I would mind, I like a little heft to my knives.

Stefan

Thanks you Pesky, I hope that one is being enjoyed by the new owner in NY, I had better send an e-mail and see how its going. There was some wicked taper on that one as you can see and very thin behind the edge.

Stefan, thanks man. The two with damascus fittings took ages, but hopefully next time not so bad, I made a jig to hold everything together dry which helped so I could hog it all to shape. I had to be pretty careful with the size of the ferrules I went shorter than usual and ended up reducing the end caps a bit to get the balance. The smaller Petty ended up balancing just infront of the handle, the feather Gyuto on the choil. They do have a really nice feel in the hand, really pleased with how the slight rounding at the front worked for comfort as well. The Gyuto weighed around 230grams the handle making up just over half of that.
    O and I used aluminum dowels on these to try and keep the weight down. I have 3 more to make with all the trimming this month, so i'll have another chance to play with it.

Little Gallery Update.
    Two 250mm Gyuto's in damascus clad hitachi blue 2.

Damascus Carving set, blade with hitachi blue 2 core.