Quantcast
Spirograph Nakiri WIP. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirograph Nakiri WIP.

This one is not spoken for yet. Its more of a Just because I can knife.. It will be available on my web site when done, or if anyone is interested in this sweet blade, Let me know.. (shameless plug)

So your thinking is in line with what I was thinking, subtle and under spoken handle allowing the blade to be the boss! Thanks for your input

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I am interested in it. PM on the way to you.

Paco, PM inbound.. Thanks for your interest.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Round Wa handle or octagon? Being my first Wa style shaped handle, Im just curious as to what everyone's preference is and why?

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Made some progress on this today. I ground the main bevels and have the blade hand rubbed and etched ready for handles!!!

Thanks Len and everyone for the info and pics and stuff! Made a huge difference on the grind..

Here are a few pics of the progress.

Heres a shot of the tip, What ya think? thin enough???? Yea, I know my hands are dirty, I wouldnt want it any other way!! lol

You would think having all the wood that I have amassed over the years that choosing a handle material would be easy. Its not! lol I spent many hours and sometimes days until something speaks to me, may sound crazy, but its how I work. Here is what I came up with as a handle combination after all day in the shop looking through literally hundreds of pieces of what I would consider the finest examples of each species and in some cases multiple of each species. Trying to pic just 2 that will complement this blade and be subtle yet all HHH in its flair and beauty..
    What ya guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Handle for Nakiri 003.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	3408  

Availible Knives

I think that would be quite nice. The near-vertical pattern in the main handle wood goes nicely with the spirograph pattern. It keeps the whole thing coherent, as it were.
    Len

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Octagon wa, you want the edges rounded off though obviously. I like them, and they are snazzy.

Well, After much consideration, and a little inspiration from the fish thread. I chose a handle.. Buckeye Burl.

Sry about the bad pics. Ill get better ones after I finish hand sanding this and polishing it out.

[IMG]http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3417&d=1325476923]/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 030.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	438.8 KB 
ID:	3417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 029.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	3418  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 018.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	307.2 KB 
ID:	3419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 010.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	3420  

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 011.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	3421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 012.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	3422  

Name:	Nakiri WIP handle 017.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	3423  

Availible Knives

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Beautiful work, Randy.

Beautiful, man - it's beautiful
    Len