Quantcast
Spirograph Nakiri WIP. - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Spirograph Nakiri WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrano View Post
    Jeez randy. That's crazy cool.
    Thanks bcrano, Were digging it.

On a side note, I just went back through the progression and resharpened the knife. I left it a little toothy rather then a stropped smooth edge. I am liking a toothy edge on this one even better!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Thanks for all the help and input on this knife.. Im happy to say that this one is no longer available. ...

I gota say, Im gona miss having it here to play with and swoon over! lol

Stay Sharp!
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Thank god! I don't know if I would have been able to resist another post from you looking for a buyer -- that is one of the most striking knives I have seen.

Congrats on the sale, and congrats to the new owner

Here it is ready to go to its new home and virgin cut!!!

I'm curious to know if it performs as well as it looks.

This one is heading to the same gentleman who was requesting a Chinese veggie type knife. Its going to be a tested to see how it preforms under real world use. Ill let ya all know what he says after having used it in his restaurant for a week or two.

Coll box you found Eaglewood! that should make transport easy, and initial presentation very nice!! Thanks bro!

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

This one is back from its test drive. The verdict, Its a wicked cutter and a laser! and preformed wonderfully for him.

There were a few people who asked about this knife when I was making it as well as after it was completed.. If any of you are still interested.. PM me..

Heres the specs again and some pictures.

OAL 14 1/6" : 385mm'
    Blade 8 1/4" : 210mm
    Handle 5" : 127mm at longest. 20mm thick : 24mm tapering to 27mm high.

Spine above the heel, then halfway between heel and edge, and then just above the edge. measured at heel midway then at tip.

2.2mm, 1.9mm, .81mm At spine
    1.6mm, 1.1mm, .70mm Mid way
    .33mm, .29mm, .24mm Above the cutting edge. Just for fun I took the edge measurement at the tip and converted it to inches.. Its ridiculous. lol .009" Thats CRAZY thin!! And thats above the sharpening bevel.

The handles are Stabilized Buckeye burl with copper pins and vulcanized spacers. Inspired by some of the handles that I seen in the Fish thread..

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread