• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Something with a Handle by Fish

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After hearing so much about 'Fish n poi' and his handles, I would love to add one to my collection. I've been jonesing for a usuba, but I would consider anything really. PM me if you are thinking of selling.

Cheers,
k.

Yeah, that is easily in my top 3 most impressive knives ever...

Oh no, another thread to remind me about that epic Carter and Fish handle

Oh no, another thread to remind me about that epic Carter and Fish handle

I re-read the original thread about the knife on KF, including Fish's comments about the handle. "Epic" is an appropriate adjective to describe it.

Edit: Your move Drinky! ;)

I re-read the original thread about the knife on KF, including Fish's comments about the handle. "Epic" is an appropriate adjective to describe it.

Edit: Your move Drinky! ;)

Haha I've retread and checked my bank account about 4 times now...

Drinky, I think that it's pretty obvious that you need to buy C-Dawgs fish-handled Carter. I can say this completely objectively and not at all out of any motivation from that fact that it would mean that this knife would live 25mins away from me...

Seriously though, it's one of the best and most natural looking matches of handle to blade that I've ever seen. We already knew the sad truth that there will be no more Fish handles in this world, and now Carter's recent decision to work exclusively in white#1 means that there will never be another knife made even close to this one. I'm hoping that you come to terms with fact that this knife belongs with you before I get my annual bonus...

all i've got to say is that it's a hell of a knife!

I have four knives with Fish handles, never going to sell them, sorry:)

Ok, mission accomplished. It was a challenge NOT to buy Curtis' Fish-handled Carter, but in the end I got a cleaver via Rick/Andy.

Here are the photos. Thanks for all the peer pressure guys. And who knows when I will want a second Fish-handled knife :)

k.

Similar to my Masahiro M3 Fish handled cleaver also. It is my favorite cleaver by the way and I have a few including a Takeda, Suien VC, Forum Hattori.

FishMasamotoM3.jpg

Very nice. Did you request that handle shape specifically? And how do you like it? I can't wait to kick the tires on mine a bit.

k.

I actually simply sent my knives to Fish and said do your magic. He did 7 handles for me over the years and never let me down. I actually had him buy 3 of the knives, re-handle them then send them too me. He did a Hattori Honiseki, a Suien VC and a Misono Gyuto. I also bought one someone else had for sale a second Suien VC and later sold it to a good home. Oh and I never got any of them with a handle that wasn't absolutely comfortable to me. That is something he really excelled at with the shaping of them they seem to fit the hand perfectly.

wowowow.

Id say that was certainly a happy ending. I thought that Andy had already sold that cleaver -It's a really amazing looking piece. This is also your first Chinese style cleaver correct?

Between that and the new vitamix you are going to have more soup than you know what to do with. Time to start canning? Maybe a KKF soup giveaway?

Yep, that looks to be it. And speed shipper, Rick, has already sent the knife on its way :)

k.

It should arrive sometime next year. :wink:

OK, next Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday.

The object’s not to own all the toys in the world, the object is to play with all the toys in the world. And you can’t play with them all if you keep them, you’ve got to keep trading them off.

I hope you guys all add your Fish handles to the gallery of his work here in the "Media Center." (Which should be moved to the "Knife & Gear Pictures" subforum, as it is somewhat hard to find at this point.)

Drinky, is that yours at the bottom of post #10?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...inal-Rehandle-King?p=7576&viewfull=1#post7576

I sure have, but found another that wasn't there. Two of mine I let go off but all I have owned as well as now are there. These are the group #17, 20, 28, 37, 80, 118 (just added). The seventh one was a gift for someone who doesn't post and I have no pictures as they where lost on my old computer when it died. If I can get them to take a picture I will post it however it isn't a kitchen knife.

Latest posts

Back