New-ish knife and a new board, what to cook?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColinCB

Reaction score
Just bought the Gesshin Ginga 240 wa-gyuto from Jon (within a month or two) and got a Boardsmith "Carolina slab" for Christmas.

I really haven't used either as I was waiting to use the knife with the new board! Hah!

So, what's tasty that takes a lot of cutting and preparation? I'd really like to test this new combo out!

Bouillabaisse with vegies cut as julienne? tasty and choppy.

Vietnamese cold rolls,no mandolin allowed,lots of julienning with this one or ratatouille chop chop...

Oh, wow. Ratatouille with Ratatouille. Nice. Nice.

Onion soup or vegetable beef soup with apple pie for dessert.

Burgers, and mince the meat, don't grind it.

A KKF chicken(aka a Jaques Pepin style gallantine).

When I make kim chee at home, everything gets shredded like slaw. At work I make the same thing for pork belly, but with a rough chop, and I think i just realized why lol.

Courtesy of Lidia B. http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/552

We've made this a few times. Add a cheesy polenta as a side and top it with the sauce. Can also put the sauce on pasta.

And of course the best way to carve up the shoulder is with a Pierre Rodrigue sujihiki... :cool2:

Thank you kindly sir! Sounds very tasty. Glad the suji is still serving you well! :D

Oh man, some really good ideas in here. I think I'm going to do the Ratatouille, or the Confit Byaldi version of it, with no mandoline.

That "Braised Pork Shoulder With Onions" sounds really good, I'm going to try that some time!! :cooking:

So after a couple hours of cooking, I ended up with this delicious Ratatouille, or the Confit Byaldi version of it.

K6umy.jpg

Back