Quantcast
Fourth Quarter Shop Notes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Quarter Shop Notes

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC

Fourth Quarter Shop Notes

Since October I have had two shows and a ton of orders. So much so in fact I have been working 5 1/2 to 7 days a week, 12 to 15 hours a day just to try to keep up. I finally was able to hire a part-timer but he left after two days beacuse he wasn't able the stand the dust. The week after Thanksgiving was a record sales week, the best in the 9 year history, and the first week in December was right close behind. So I am extremely far behind in orders, the lumber supplier has been making a weekly delivery, I am at the shop more hours than I am at home and I am looking forward to after Christmas so I can relax a little. Did I say a little? Not much rest though.

So if you are waiting on a order or know someone who is please be assured that I am working as hard and as quickly as I can to ensure all the orders that need to be received prior to Christmas are received.

Glad your sales are doing so well but hope can get some rest after the holidays!

I'm loving my BoardSmith Board!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Your success is well deserved David. Your large Lazy Susan lives on our kitchen table. I hope you can find some quality help in the new year.

I have two of your boards. And I want moooooore! Congrats on the business, being too busy is much better than the opposite. Here's to hoping the new year finds you some reliable help in the shop.

Cheers,

- Josh
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Great soon Dave's boards are going to be like Kramer knives, 5+ year waiting list, then after you wait 4 years he will close his list only to see his boards sell on ebay for 10k

congrats... i just had a customer in today who ordered from you recently and we were talking about how awesome your boards are... glad things are going well

David,

That is great news!! We are enjoying our Cherry board daily, but I want a bigger board - don't worry it can wait until after Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    David,

That is great news!! We are enjoying our Cherry board daily, but I want a bigger board - don't worry it can wait until after Christmas
    Ha! He got you hooked with a 'gateway' board

The "curse" of being in high demand! Glad you are doing well, although those days can definitely get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    David,

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Ha! He got you hooked with a 'gateway' board

Tell me about it, i've been dreaming of doing all the countertops kitchen.