Quantcast
This is going to get expensive..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is going to get expensive.....

Quote Originally Posted by unkajonet View Post
    Welcome!

Piece of advice when visiting Jon's store: however much time you think you're going to spend there, TRIPLE IT. You will not want to leave. Knives to see, (perhaps some) knives to try. Stone to see, stones to try. Decisions to make...which knives and stones to buy?!? Darn it, I'm hyperventilating again. Seriously, it's a pretty cool place for a knife knut to visit.
    A new year's resolution is to visit his store! Not that far away, just need to commit a Saturday morning.

I'm glad I don't live too close to Jon's store. It's hard enough to control oneself sometimes just based on his website and photos. I don't think my financial resolve would last long seeing and holding the wares in person.

Welcome, Ted! Jon'll steer you to some good choices that *technically* you could stick with forever and be happy with. I guess you already know you won't be stopping there, though. How far you slip down the slippery slope after your first fix is up to you BTW, there are no stupid questions when one is new to an area so full of variety, nuance, and arcane terminology
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    A new year's resolution is to visit his store! Not that far away, just need to commit a Saturday morning.
    Make that afternoon. He opens at 12 on the weekends.

And I'm not ashamed that I didn't have to look that up.

Thanks for confirming and extending my worst fears.....apparently I've just stepped into quicksand.....but am looking forward to the journey.
    Appreciate the warm welcome.

Ted