Yet another what stones to buy post

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pachowder

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. Looking for some stones to start my journey sharpening my knives. I have sharpened plane blades before so not a complete newbie. I am thinking of going chosera 1k and 5k. Will that be nough or do I need a gap filler there? Or a 10k?

I make that jump often, u spend slightly more time getting out the scratches than if u have a 3k, but not enough to make it an issue.

I make that jump often, u spend slightly more time getting out the scratches than if u have a 3k, but not enough to make it an issue.

Everything you need to know is in that sentence.

It's like...a Sharpening Haiku.
:aikido:

Everything you need to know is in that sentence.

It's like...a Sharpening Haiku.
:aikido:

Ha. That's exactly what I figured. But isn't there too many words in that sentence to qualify as a haiku? :D

+1

I haven't used my 10K in about 6 month, but my 400 is used often..

Lars

Replace the 10K with a coarse bevel-setter, and that will take care of pretty much everything.

+1, I just added a 500 grit stone and it makes a huge difference, I am loving it.

+1 for the coarse stone. 5k leaves plenty of sharpness, especially if you strop afterwards on newspaper a few times.

another vote for the course stone. the only time I use my 10k stone anymore is when I am playing.

Latest posts

Back