• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

240 Watanabe blue steel kurouchi gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenStefano

Reaction score
Ok for sale I have my 240 blue steel Watanabe gyuto with burnt chesnut handle and engraving. I bought this a good while ago and it has been used maybe 4 or 5 times in a pro kitchen.

The steel is blue steel at 63-65 according to Shinichi and clearly has the kurouchi finish. I paid extra to get the better handle and the engraving. The engraving says "Sanjo blacksmith Shinichi Watanabe"

As you can see from the photos, this knife is no laser. It is reasonably thick at the spine, however it is very very thin at the edge. It is probably the best cutting knife I own. So why am I selling it? Firstly I got a 270 recently and I like it much better than 240s, and since this is my least used knife it is time to move it on. I also don't use it much in work because I am a little worried about my co-workers damaging it since it was pretty expensive. It has been used very few times, but has a few scratches on the area just behind the edge due to me having a metal peeler in my knife roll right beside it, but I think the patina should cover them up. The knife has been sharpened once, so there's a few scratches from that too.

Something to note is that the handle is a lefty D handle, but there seem to be plenty of people here who would be able to take it off and turn it round if a right handed person were to buy it

The knife cost me $400 new plus shipping, customs and all that so about $500. Therefore I am putting this for sale at $310. I am in the UK but I will ship this knife to the US for nothing, and probably anywhere else, just that's all I have a quote for. If there are any people in the UK/Europe interested I could definitely go a little lower with the price.

IMG_0155.jpg
Full size
IMG_0156.jpg
Full size
IMG_0158.jpg
Full size
IMG_0161.jpg
Full size
IMG_0163.jpg
Full size

Killer deal! I hope someone can give this a home.

Knife still available

Here's a few better pictures too with Masamoto and Hattori

IMG_0219-1.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0188-1.jpg

If the pics are too big I'm sorry, I suck with Photobucket

Back