Quantcast
Feather damascus petty - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feather damascus petty

The sun came out today for about 3 minutes. lol And I ran outside with my camera and knives in hand to try and get pics in natural light.. Which is how I shoot most of the photos of my knives.. So here are a few more pics of this awesome Feather Petty!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather petty, Nakiri, spoons 001.JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	508.6 KB 
ID:	3438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather petty, Nakiri, spoons 006.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	3443  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather petty, Nakiri, spoons 005.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	503.5 KB 
ID:	3442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather petty, Nakiri, spoons 003.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	413.5 KB 
ID:	3439  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather petty, Nakiri, spoons 030.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	487.5 KB 
ID:	3440  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Beautiful work Randy and Jr! Is that some file work I spy around the handle?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Thanks Johnny, Indeed it is, you have a good eye! Its a thorn and vine pattern. Heres a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filework 009.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	3453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filework 007.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	3454  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Nice feather pattern and although I generally dislike unnatural colors on scales, that buckeye is surprisingly beautiful.

Thanks tk.. I love Buckeye, although it can be a challenge working with it.. even when stabilized its often one of them woods that take some TLC to make look good!

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Love it.

Love the tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Very nice Team Randy!!!

Thanks guys for the comments on this one. This went to one of our KKF members, maybe he will chime in and give some feedback on the knife..

Availible Knives

Randy & JR. - Nice job and beautiful piece - I love the feather damascus and the attention to detail is great - The thorn and vine pattern is a nice touch.

Availible Knives

This one is mine. So far it has been great. The grind is different than my first HHH, a 210mm Kiritsuke gyuto, more of a full convex than a small blended bevel. Much nicer performance wise. I know Randy called it a petty, as that is what I asked for, but dimension wise I guess it does look more like a 190mm chef or petty/chef. I still use it in hand and feels small and nimble to me. Randy Sr. and Jr. basically nailed each thing I specified: fine feather pattern, 190mm long, 42mm tall at the heel, 2.5mm at the spine, full convex grind, Shigefusa-esque profile, mammoth tooth, file work just around the handle. I provided the wood, a piece from Craig Stevens I got last spring. The steel has been nice, I havent gone through a full progression on the stones yet. Pretty well behaved reactivity wise, browned some onions but that was before patina had really set in. Taking on a nice blue and purple patina which is very hard to photograph, I've been cutting every piece of bloody protein in sight with it. Profile is perfect, good for on board use or in hand. Whenever we have a slow night at work and I can be extra mindful, this will be my big pimpin line knife. Thanks again to Randy and Co.!

"God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Johnny, Thats looking good! love that patina!

Im happy to hear your lovin the new knife. I think with all the talk about line knives lately.. That this profile would fit the bill for that quite well.

I forgot that you had one of the 1095 K tip knives. I have made changes to my grinds. (mostly because of what I have learned from this forum and its members, Thanks guys)

Thanks for the write up and sharing the pics.. Makes my day.
    Randy

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Johnny, Thats looking good! love that patina!

Im happy to hear your lovin the new knife. I think with all the talk about line knives lately.. That this profile would fit the bill for that quite well.

I forgot that you had one of the 1095 K tip knives. I have made changes to my grinds. (mostly because of what I have learned from this forum and its members, Thanks guys)

Thanks for the write up and sharing the pics.. Makes my day.
    Randy
    Heh! I could of swore I asked for feather pattern, way back in the beginning for the Dragonslayer set and I was told Randy Jr. didn't think that pattern would make a good chef knife. Now I see feather patterns all over the place, what gives? I feel betrayed! a little dirty! My heart hurts. I could of been the first one, but know the little guy didn't feel good about it! Huh! Maybe I should have talked to Devin, Will or Micheal Rader. grmble, grumble,grumble. Nice work guys.stunning,can't wait for the meteorite blade.