Quantcast
Feather damascus petty - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feather damascus petty

lol, Ouch.. That stings a little! lolol

Yep, I had to twist Jr's arm to get him to make me this 180mm blade.. I challenged him to figure out how to make this in larger sizes. So, he has been working on the pattern and his technique. (Because its one of the most requested patterns right now. And Im so mean Grrrrr.)

So now with modifying how hes forging the pattern, and after a couple more test billets. I think we will be able to offer blades in the larger sizes. 240mm, 270mm etc.

Chef Son, The Meteorite blade is going to be extra special to make up for this little snag. I have been thinking about this project quite a bit lately, and have a few ideas. Jr. is forging a second bar of meteorite damascus right now..

Next time you get a couple extra minutes.. Give me a call. and lets make a plan.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy. I'll give you a call maybe sometime this week or monday, tuesday . really nice work, that's why I wanted it, because no one else had it. Tell him I'm heart broken. by the way really love that stainless damascus piece you test etched your logo on.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/at...8&d=1326431070

Don't worry Son, next time I am in the city I will let you fondle it for a bit.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Don't worry Son, next time I am in the city I will let you fondle it for a bit.
    hey, you want in on the dragon slayer pass around?

I abstained because I have 2 knives from Randy already, I figured I would let some others get in on it instead.

When they get back from their world tour, let me know. We can do an exchange and I will let you borrow some pieces too. Haha, switch kits for a week or two.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I abstained because I have 2 knives from Randy already, I figured I would let some others get in on it instead.

When they get back from their world tour, let me know. We can do an exchange and I will let you borrow some pieces too. Haha, switch kits for a week or two.
    sounds good

Glad to hear you like the knife Johnny! Its a awesome little cutter! I really like the profile you wanted and will be making it again!! Its awesome to get some feedback. Thanks for posting!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives