Hangover Cures Anyone?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My night is sober with just a little wine, so I have no need for a 'cure' but what are your favorite hangover cures (if you drink too much)?

For me, I set a large glass of water, four pepto, and benadryl next to my bed. When I wake up I take everything and the benedryl knocks me out for another 5 hours so I sleep through the rough part.

But don't take this the wrong way, I don't condone alcohol abuse.

k.

500 ml of water, a 3 km run, another 1 litre of water, and sleep till dinner.

A saline IV drip... never tried it but I hear it works wonders.

500 mg B1 followed by 1000 mg C, 100mg reduced L-Glutathione, and 400 mg Cysteine. you should be able to get those last three in one pill. take before you go to bed, with plenty of water. works wonders. similar to the "banana bag" that nurses and doctors use. i take the C/Glutaheione/Cysteine pills during the drinking session, which i find helps even more.

If possible, I take a few Aleve with as much water as I can drink before passing out, otherwise I do it first thing in the morning. There is no cure, but a large bottle of Gatorade (Pedialyte is even better if you can get your hands on some), a quiet dark room, and sleep.

There is no cure

the solution i provided has been double-blinded and shown to greatly improve conditions, so i'm not sure you're right. ;) i wish i had an oxygen tank, that has also been shown to massively improve hangovers. the B1 the night before is going to be the biggest fix, and B1 is easy to get.

never had a hangover and I used to drink a fifth tequila and vodka and about twenty beers about every two days for two years. The key is to stay drunk.lol I'm much better now.

the solution i provided has been double-blinded and shown to greatly improve conditions, so i'm not sure you're right. ;) i wish i had an oxygen tank, that has also been shown to massively improve hangovers. the B1 the night before is going to be the biggest fix, and B1 is easy to get.

Please provide a link to a site that retails these magic pills you speak of. ;)

staying awake until you sober up is exactly the only way to avoid any hangover symptoms, definitely.

Please provide a link to a site that retails these magic pills you speak of. ;)

amazon. seriously, just search for B1 and Cysteine. i don't have the double blind links handy, you'll just have to spend $20 and trust me. :) it won't completely kill your hangovers, but it will massively help, turning terrible hangover conditions to minor dizziness and nausea. add some ibuprofen (naproxen and acetaminophen are bad news, but ibuprofen and aspirin are okay, i prefer ibuprofen) and some gatorade, and it's about as good as i've noticed.

well, honestly, ether followed by xanax is the best, but it's hard to suggest that combo. ;

amazon. seriously, just search for B1 and Cysteine.

Quote from a review of Cysteine pills on Amazon: "Great for hangover prevention: I did some research online and found out the Cysteine helps the liver metabolize alcohol and can aid in preventing the production of the chemicals that damage the liver. It certainly helps hangovers too. Pop a few of these while drinking and a few before bed and your hangover the next day will go from being an 8 to a 3."

Okay, I believe you!

it's really the B1 that works the best, honestly, as B1 is heavily depleted by alcohol. the Cysteine helps, though. take all of it: B1, Cysteine, vitamin c, Glutathione, xanax, ether, more alcohol :)

hah, seriously try what i'm talking about. :)

I would, but I really try not to get that twisted anymore. I aim for maintaining a light buzz, and i'm good. Sleep like a baby, and wake up fine. I've had about ten too many nights of waking up with my head hanging over the toilet seat...

it's really the B1 that works the best, honestly, as B1 is heavily depleted by alcohol. the Cysteine helps, though. take all of it: B1, Cysteine, vitamin c, Glutathione, xanax, ether, more alcohol :)

I could have used this advice while still a college student, but will give it a shot. Perhaps I will pre-package the pills into zip locked bags and hand them out as party favors the next time I have people over.

oh, i understand, but sometimes keeping hangover meds around is handy ;)

I could have used this advice while still a college student, but will give it a shot. Perhaps I will pre-package the pills into zip locked bags and hand them out as party favors the next time I have people over.

pass out papers assigning you no blame too, just in case there is an allergy ;)

Prevention: drink a glass of water between drinks.
Cure: Hit an oxygen tank.

The wife claims drinking a pink of Kefir or eating a jar of marinated tomatoes or cucumbers does the trick. She's Russian, so she claims to know best :lol2:

The wife claims drinking a pink of Kefir or eating a jar of marinated tomatoes or cucumbers does the trick. She's Russian, so she claims to know best :lol2:

Pickled juice is the second go-to remedy in that part of the world (first hand experience). The first - a shot or two (or more) of the same stuff that gave you the trouble. Kefir wold probably work too, come to think, but remedies #2 and #1 are more readily available. People plan ahead for emergencies like these. :)

A friend of mine swears by tripe soup and another by fried cheese (two slabs of hard cheese with ham in between pan fried). The first one is Bulgarian and the other is Finish, so I can say these guys know what they are talking about.

As for me, water works best (but not the fastest, usually it's in the afternoon that I feel better), but it has been years since I needed that treatment. These days I drink wine and that doesn't give me a hangover, but of course, I drink in moderation these days.

M

it's really the B1 that works the best, honestly, as B1 is heavily depleted by alcohol. the Cysteine helps, though. take all of it: B1, Cysteine, vitamin c, Glutathione
Heh. My preferred method is a big plate of scrambled eggs (B1 and cysteine), a glass of a vitamin-c fortified drink like Emergen-C (vitamins C, B1, B6, B12), a tall glass of Coke (for the hypoglycemic aspect of the hangover), and an ibuprofen. That usually sets me straight in time for work. I haven't supplemented Glutathione but I'll have to give it a whirl.

Back