Quantcast
Busy First Week of 2012

Thread: Busy First Week of 2012

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC

Busy First Week of 2012

The shop will be a little slower this week for building but busier for other things. For insurance and tax purposes, I will be taking a photo inventory of all the tools with descriptions and serial numbers and overall photos of the shop and how it is set up. In the case of a catastrophic event like a fire or major theft, I need positive proof of what I have and photos are the best way. I do this each year at this time and keep the inventory in a safe place. A little preparation goes a long way.

Some time ago I was the victim of a major theft when I worked for a tool company. Some of my personal tools were stolen as well and I had a horrible time with the insurance company proving what I had. They went so far as to substitute a lesser cost brand for what I had in the computations. Had I been able to provide photos, the problems would have been lessened. Lesson learned and taken to heart!

Along with the insurance inventory, I also need to provide the county with a property valuation for tax purposes. I dislike paying taxes but will pay my fair share. The inventory keeps the tax man from trying to collect more than what I owe.

But more than all I am happy I am still here, in business, working at a craft which I really enjoy despite all the hurdles and problems. To all on the forum I send my wishes for a happy and prosperous new year!

Happy New Year to you, David. I thought about you tonight when I was cutting up things on your board. Maybe taking an inventory is a good idea, I should probably do that also. Not that my equipment is anywhere close to yours...

Stefan

Cool

Happy New Year to you too, David!! May you and your wife have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!! I certainly hope 2012 treats you and your family better than last year!

Happy New Year to you also, Dave. We always have a New Year's Eve party with about 20 guests, so your boards got a good workout. My mother (who is definitely her father's daughter) noticed the boards immediately, and said that her father would have loved them. Considering her father was a joiner for close to 65 years, that's high praise indeed!. Thank you again, and I will be in touch with you in the near future about another project.

David,
    So glad thing are working out. That's lots of effort with no money coming in. I am sure it will pay off soon. It is nice to have a new nicely organized shop. It makes the work more fun.
    Bless you and the family,
    Steve Goodson