• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

180mm Watanabe Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
This was my wife's primary knife until I bought that Takeda Bunka, and she hasn't touched this one since. This is the Kurouchi stainless clad blue steel from his pro line of knives. She is pretty hard on knives and most of the KU has been scrubbed off, it is dull, and has a couple chips. I thought I would offer the potential buyer a handle option. One handle is Buffalo horn, Honduran Rosewood Spacer, and Green Camel Bone ferrule. The other is spalted something I don't remember from Craig Stevens, nickle and fiber spacer, ebony ferrule. This knife is currently retailing for $230.00 considering its heavily used condition I am going to ask $135.00+ $40.00 to cover the cost of materials for the handle, delivered in conUS.

IMG_0923.jpg

Freakin' hell, I'm too slow! Saw the thread title and already knew I wanted it before I clicked...

Congrats :)

I didnt expect it to sell that fast either! Its going to a very good home though

Freakin' hell, I'm too slow! Saw the thread title and already knew I wanted it before I clicked...

Congrats :)

That one definately has to be a record!

Congrats to the new owner.

Yeah, well my knifey senses were tingling so I quickly logged on to check out the For Sale thread. :wink: Unfortunately it means I'll have to be listing some of my own once we get back home :(

Well, a lot of our stuff stays within the community doesn't it? :)

Okay, so the official record still stands at 9 minutes ;) 15 is still pretty darn good though...

Don't make me have events conspire....

Got it done I used some malachite dust to color the epoxy and it turned out a little brighter than I thought. So I just wanted to get Ben's approval before I ship it

IMG_0931.jpg

Yeah, I can see the concern. It might be too nice to sell. I say refund Ben's money and keep it for yourself!

yeah, that's awful: it should be sent to me for 5 or 6 years of evaluation.

Latest posts

Back