Quantcast
vegas knife show - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: vegas knife show

I only cook on special occasions these days so I really don't need more. I'm selling a lot of them. Although if I was buying the feather suji is a no brainer. Sister knife of the scimitar. The sam mai were very nice, both in stainless and carbon core. All the handles were very attractive. I couldn't tell you the woods though. TK would be able to.

Sweet Salty. Thanks for posting. Sounds like a memorable weekend.

OT, but speaking of Ferraris, check out this link to a Shell commercial shown in Europe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...4wL4&vq=medium

Ferrari pulled several of their race cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world, and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong, Honolulu, and Monaco. (No computer graphics; these are the original cars on the original streets.) The best part is the sound. Incredible machines.

Wow! I guess it has more impact once you drive one. I only had it up to 120. I was a little paranoid. Went north, scoped the route and did a U. Traffic was heavier than I would have liked even though we were in the boonies. Cross winds gusting to 60 mph. It was big on the news that day. The valets informed me later that if I got caught doing 120 they'd throw me in jail an inpound the car. Quite frankly that was the least of my worries.

P.S. It red lines at 9K I didn't even come close.

120 probably felt like it was just getting warmed up right? Had to feel great even with a crosswind though. I remember doing that on my cycle back in my 20's. My 1999 CBR1100XX felt like that was where you were supposed to run it when you hit 120.

Yowza!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

That commercial is incredible. Stirs the soul even if you are not into cars/engines. The pros behind the wheel have some nerve, in addition to skill. I think it would be fun to take a Ferrari for a few laps around a track with an instructor in the passenger seat, but would be real nervous about getting behind the wheel of one for the first time (particularly a pricey rental) on crowded city streets.

EXACTLY! It was actually a relief when they picked it up.

Here's a video of a Ferrari 275 GTB ripping through the streets of early morning Paris... crank it up!This was shot in 1976 so it's a bit grainy but the sound is great

http://www.vimeo.com/7425846

I've seen this one before too. Pretty reckless if, in fact, it wasn't staged (and it sure doesn't look like it was), but fun to watch!

It wasn't staged and the guy filming was arrested a couple days after it was shot,but he wouldn't give up the driver(who was in fact a pro F1 driver I believe)

+ Reply to Thread