Japanese knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andreas

Reaction score
I am new to the word of Japanese knifes but I have an budgeted 200.00 for my first knife but I need recommendations. I love the look of the Damascus knives. I want it to be as multi purpose as possible. I currently own the wustof knifes so I understand this is entering new waters but I want to learn and start collecting some higher end knives. Should I buy shuns or Miyabi or what? Thank you

Yep, fill out the questionnaire... you have a realistic budget, but there are many japanese knife styles, we can tell which you'd use the best.

Hey, welcome aboard! Fill out the questionnaire and we'll help guide you on the right path.

If you're using Wusthofs, your budget is $200 and you like the damascus look, I'd go with Inazuma or Gekko lines at Japanese Chef Knife. I don't know if Korin is doing their sale but Ittosai Kotetsu (Hattori HD at JCK) is also a nice option. These are all very good performers, stainless and pretty. You might consider 240 mm as opposed to the 210 mm but most people seem to prefer the shorter.

Back