Aoto and Nagura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Some videos of new stones that i am going to get a lot of :D

Red Aoto or Atagoyama Akapin, the reason i call it Aoto because it is very shallow Akapin stone.
Finnes is like on Aotos but much more consistent because they are mined as finishing stones from Atagoyama mine.

They are very even in grit approx. 3k and very easy to use bit harder then reguler Blue Aotos and much more cleaner without any disappointments :D

They sell very fast i dont even put them on website and they are gone so this time i have only one left it will be on website today

Here is video

[video=youtube_share;dB70txrBD3Y]http://youtu.be/dB70txrBD3Y [/video]

Chu Naguras

I got some sword grade Chu Naguras thy are super nice for swords for razors and for knives !!
Bit harder then Asano Naguras, something around 6-8k, slurry brakes even faster on those then on Awasedos so they can be quite nice finishers too, if you can get slurry out of them ;D
They are very beautiful stones with small different color dots, Kan patterns, yellow white stripes.
Something very special i think for stone collection !!
They are much more affordable then Asano Naguras.

I have 2 left of those they go on website soon

[video=youtube;0TWZ4-ZhVW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWZ4-ZhVW4&feature=BFa&list=UUs-7XfitjOEgbKX0842AtLQ&lf=plcp[/video]

Beautiful looking stones. How do those aoto compare to Kouzaki aoto? I seem to have a thing for aoto, I'm always looking for good ones.

I'm not sure I can afford one right now (things are tight after the holidays), but I'd like to buy a stone from you at some point, especially after this whole JNS/Nubatama debacle. Vendors like you deserve our support.

Let me know if you'd rather discuss this over PM.

Kouzaki is one of the harder Aotos but not always, I just find reguler Aotos to soft, cors and to many inclusions.
There are of coarse some good ones but very rare, most of them is 1k or less and very uneven scratch pattern.
I did try to buy some Blue Aotos from different mines but only 1 out of 10 was ok and maybe 1 out of 20 was good
These Atagoyamas are all good thats why i will cary them regularly

Chu Nagura and Aoto is added to the store :D

Latest posts

Back