Quantcast
New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think?

Randy I agree, I think that is perfect size my friend. It looks really good. The only thing that turns me off from these forums as too many of you guys are producing too many good looking knives .... well I guess I just have to start making more money and do more things so I can check one (or two, or three) out from every maker. So perhaps it's a good thing to add even more motivation to me!!! Keep up the good work. Impressive

Kind Regards

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Im thinking that this mark will be a winner! And I will be adding the mark to all future orders. If you have already placed a order and would prefer the old mark. Please let me know.

Thanks guys for your input, I appreciate it!
    Randy
    Randy:

Very elegant new mark. I like it. And I have a good idea where it should go first!

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Nice etch BTW. You practiced!

I like it, but how does the center knife outline come out in reality? It seems as if it might get lost in the damascus every now and then.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I like it, but how does the center knife outline come out in reality? It seems as if it might get lost in the damascus every now and then.

k.

The knife behind the HHH is crisp and actually on this blade darker by at least 1 shade then the damascus color.. But I agree on some patterns it may get lost a bit.. But, with the knife in hand or even at arms length. Its distinguishable and easy to see.

I really didnt want the knife to be super prominent, more a subliminal message in the image.. Where when you see the HHH with the knife behind it, your mind will be like Oh HHH Knives. Where the HHH alone you might not think the same thing.. and scratch your head going what the heck is HHH

Im not a marketing pro by any means. But see things like this all the time in logos or commercials etc. So I figured I would try it..

Cool thing is, I was looking into Tee shirts today and the logo looks CRAZY good blown up on the back of a shirt, and again small on the pocket. I hope when I get back in line with my cash to place a order for some shirts and hats.. ( scullys! For Mike and I. ) Randy Jr. wants hoodies.and the price per shirt was like really hight! So he may have to wait a year for hoodies!

Thanks for the question, and Thank you guys for the input and comments Its encouraging.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Very nice Randy!!!! Clay must really like you

Randy is not only my Brother in Christ, he is an awesome friend and teacher. When I saw him hit his mark on the anvil and things went flying, I decided it was time to help him out. Was my pleasure to do this for him. When I saw the smile on his face after he got that dialed in-- it was all worth it.

Good stuff Randy!

Looking forward to getting an HHH t-shirt w/ each knife order

Looks Great Randy,I like an understated etched logo. For me a giant name with info I just don't need looks Tacky to me etched on a chefs knife.

Im blessed and thankful that Clay went out of his way to help me out on this.. And even more so, I'm pleased with the design. Its gona look AWESOME on the blades, as well as on the Tee's and hats and scull caps, etc. Here are a few variations. of the design.

I know what you all mean about some of the maker marks being used.. I wanted a mark that I can use for my hunting knives and folders as well as my kitchen cutlery. And because 85% of the knives I make are damascus, I wanted to keep it simple as to not distract and or take away from the flow of the knife..

Thanks guys for your input and comments.
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	darker blue hhh .jpeg‎
Views:	22
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	3503   Click image for larger version

Name:	11111newest  hhh copy 2.jpg‎
Views:	23
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	3504  

Click image for larger version

Name:	big hhh web.jpeg‎
Views:	19
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	3507  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread