Quantcast
New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think?

New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think?

First I gota say THANKS CLAY!!!! for taking this bull by the horns and running with it.

I started on this a few months back Worked with friends, Darcy and Clint to design the logo. Then I ordered a hand stamp. Which I paid dearly for.. And when It arrived, It wouldnt make a mark. even in cherry red steel. So the stamp maker, Made another stamp for me.. redesigning it where it was gona work for sure..... Guess what.. It didnt!!lol So I ended up with 2 stamps that wont mark steel.. I was bummed but with a bad taste in my mouth from the whole thing with this vendor, I just put it on the back burner. Then my buddy Clay took my logo and contacted Ernie and had some stencils made. and hooked me up with the stuff to get r done! all within a week and for less then 1/4 of the cost of a hand stamp.. If this works as good as I hope. Ill be a happy camper!

Then, today I get a email from him with the first marks on some scrap steel with the New HHH Logo. He had to test it out dont ya know.. lol

What do you guys think of the new mark? Its a little mark, about 1/2 inch hig and wide.

On a side note, I have 2 new HHH leather stamps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HHH P1010877.jpg‎
Views:	79
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	3461  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Too much belly, and tip is too high

I think it looks good!
    Of course, I just hand carve my marks into the steel before HT.....
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Too much belly, and tip is too high

I gota admit, Thats funny right there, thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Excellent, big improvement.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

It would look better with a gyuto, but I like it

Very nice Randy!!!! Clay must really like you

Thanks guys! Im sure I can have some made with a Gyuto Heck I may have to get one with a Suji too!

Mike, you know, Its Gods favor in my life brother.
    Im blessed in the city and blessed in the country, Blessed coming and going, Blessed to be a blessing! Speaking of being a blessing, Im doing a GAW on the pay it forward area of that Dog pound forum! For any of you knife makers that may read this thread.. (mike) lolol

Again Thanks guys, for the comments. Ill post some pics of it on a 240mm blade soon for size reference.

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Its Nice Randy, I would like to see the scale, some of the logos are just so huge. For me they detract from the knife and seems like the maker has a "confidence problem" hahah..

Jim, Thanks Yep, This mark is a little under 1/2 X 1/2 or should I say aprox. 12mm X 12mm

So its a little bigger then my current mark, But not so large it takes a 210mm bade to put it on! lol I know what ya mean about some marks. I would hate to distract alot from any aspect of the knife with a HUGE mark.

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread