Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Else Experience This with Dave's Boards?

I've used my first Boardsmith for some time, I have not gone light on it but always pampered it between the abuse (i.e. used Dave's mineral oil/beeswax stuff). It has some dark marks from hot utensils that have been put on it (small kitchen is a partial excuse) but also some deeper scars from the mistake of using a oroshigane on it. I now use a small poly for the oroshigane.
    Despite this the board works and looks fantastic. I must buy at least one more so all my kids can inherit one.

I've used mine right from the get go(after proper mineral oil/board butter treatment of course).No proteins(I use poly) veg,friut etc great board.It's too nice not to use....

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary View Post
    Dave . . . you need to ugly-up your boards a little!
    I'll remember that the next time a board hits the dumpster.

Just ruined four legs destined for a major island project. They will hit the dumnpster when I clean up Saturday morning.

Ouch!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post

Just ruined four legs destined for a major island project. They will hit the dumnpster when I clean up Saturday morning.
    Hey, just sell them as peppermill blanks on ebay

I confess that I neglect my boards just as much as my knives, i.e. both could use more frequent oiling and care. But I also use them without hesitation. I do raw poultry and fish on the sanituff, but everything else on one of my two cherry-maple boards.

Stefan

Shoot, we cut beef, chicken, fish, veggies, bread, flatten biscuit dough, cut out paper for crafts, you name it! It's a cutting board--Ima cut on it!

That's way I have two, a maple to beat on and a cherry just to pretty up the counter.

I use mine for everything, and my other older boards get used for mise en place.
    I see no reason to not use the one board for both veg and protein. At least in my own kitchen!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

You guys are using wooden boards for raw proteins?

I am. Look at the research.
    Spike C
    Pirsig