Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Else Experience This with Dave's Boards?

Does Anyone Else Experience This with Dave's Boards?

It's so gorgeous that I hate to cut on it.

My wife complains that I hardly ever use it. The "Honey, I need to condition it just a little more before I really start using it" excuse is starting to wear thin.

I got one for my mother back east last summer, and while she won't admit it, my brother reports that she treats it as a show piece and hasn't once cut on it.

Dave . . . you need to ugly-up your boards a little!
    Tom

I HAD that problem for about a year and a half - then jumped in when I needed a lot of cutting space and also used it as a pizza cutter and after that it is my regular board. I mineral oil it when needed and am working on my beekeeper nephew to get me some beeswax so I can make my own board butter.

It took about a month or so before I allowed myself to cut vegetables on it. A year later, and I still cringe at the thought of working with raw protein on the board. I had to actually go out and get a small sani-tuff. I got tired of being a vegetarian.

Sorry, I can't relate. When my Boardsmith board showed up I ran down to the Mexican supermarket and bought 9lbs of onions for $0.99 just so I could have stuff to cut!

Mine has been in continual use since I got it. Absolutely the best board I've used. I probably should get one and put it away against the time when David will retire.
    All cats are libertarians. Completely dependent on others, but fully convinced of their own independence.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    and also used it as a pizza cutter
    Is it not a little blunt for that?

I love to use my Boardsmith boards! Meat, fish, veggies, cheese, fruit, whatever - the only thing I always do on something else is garlic. Walnut and maple are both holding up great. With occasional oiling, they still look fantastic!
    Len

I use mine all the time (maple w/ walnut border), and my wife has used hers every day since she got it x-mas morning.

I beat it up! Can't wait till it starts showing it's age and care. Board patina, I call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vils View Post
    Is it not a little blunt for that?
    It was a little messy - must have been that 1/3 Norwegian in me that thought I could cut a pizza with a board -