Japanese Knives Web Seminar 1-8-12- Hamaguri Edges

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
So, i'm finally getting this set up and organized. I know some of you have e-mailed me about this already. If you are interested in participating, please make sure to add me to your skype (username- JBroida). The topic for this first class will be HAMAGURI EDGES.

The first "class" will take place on 1-8-12 at 5:15pm (west coast time ;) ). I am not going to charge for this first class, as i will need some time to work out the kinks (if there are any). However, we can only accomidate 10 people, so its a first come first serve basis.

Even if you've e-mailed me already, please post here if you are interested in joining the call. That way, i can keep track of the names all in one place.

In the future, i think we will do 1 or 2 hour classes (depending on how this one goes) at $10 per session (again, depending on how this one goes). I will try to have a schedule of subjects posted ahead of time.

I'm definitely interested. I have you added on Skype.

I'd love to get in on this but I won't be available at that time. Sounds really good though. :)

Oo me! Sounds fun. You'll probably get some babies in the background.

If the UK wasn't 8 hours ahead I'd be jumping on this. Any chance of doing some on a Friday or Saturday so I don't have work in the morning?
And good luck with it :)

i'll have to see... the reason i'm doing sunday is that its just me in the store, so if i stay late, Sara doesnt have to stay with me (we normally take 1 car to work). But i might be able to do another day... i just have to see how it goes first and then work the schedule out.

I have the day off, and would like to take the class.

Jay

shoot, i would love to take part, but i'm going to be busy then.

Is there still room for this?

BTW, are you in the store tomorrow, Jon? I wanted to drop by since I'm down south for the weekend, but I thought you were closed Sundays.

So do I need to have my sharpening station set up in front of my webcam?

Should I have a yanagiba handy? Should it be well sharpened already, or a bit trashed, and I will fix it?

Or is this going to be one of those voyueristic things where we watch you do the work and talk about it?

Is there still room for this?

BTW, are you in the store tomorrow, Jon? I wanted to drop by since I'm down south for the weekend, but I thought you were closed Sundays.

yes... and yes

i'll put you down on the list and maybe see you tomorrow

So do I need to have my sharpening station set up in front of my webcam?

Should I have a yanagiba handy? Should it be well sharpened already, or a bit trashed, and I will fix it?

Or is this going to be one of those voyueristic things where we watch you do the work and talk about it?

well, everyone will be able to see everyone else. having a sharpening station set up would be good. I thought it would be nice if we did a demo and then q&a where you can try things and ask about them as you try. does that make sense

Oh cool. Glad my sharpening station is on wheels :D

is there still space for this jon?

and do you need premium skype for this?

Matt-
we do have space, but i think thats about it. We're at capacity. See you guys tonight.

So, when we do this thing this evening, i will call you guys... no need to call me

See you this evening.

just to let you all know, you do not need skype premium... you can use the regular free version... i have skype premium, so that takes care of the group call

sorry Jon I can't make it, another time. So that may leave one spot open. have fun guys!

This was great! Jon is great at answering questions understandably, and knowing lots of crap firsthand.

Thanks for doing this, Jon, and for letting me hang out in the store. For all you tempted to drop by the store, I highly recommend it. It's awesome. They even have parking in the back!

Yes it was really neat. A couple of little glitches but I'm sure these events will improve and become something phenominal. I certainly learned alot about angles and stones this evening...so to all that were presesnt, I thank you for your repeated patience with me.

PZ

Back