Record Tuna $736,000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should have had a proper dresed up tuna sword if i saw so my self :)

The fish was purchased it out of respect for the country of japan. Cool thing is that the guy who bought it is serving it at his normal sushi price in recognition of what the people have gone through over the last year and wanted to make sure that it stayed in country. Now I'm craving sushi

its still just a piece of meat.
But the economy aint that bad over there

Damn, now I really need to get some sushi.

I was told by my old boss that the crazy expensive tuna is a New Year good luck thing. You want to be the guy with enough money to buy the first huge tuna of the year. Plus you get your face(ad restaurant) on television.

I love Bluefin--both as fish and food. So I only eat yellowfin, out of consideration for their former aspect. They really are unlike any other fish, and deserve a break from our voracious mouths.

Yuck it up. One of your grandchildren may someday ask you, "What's a bluefin tuna?"

Using the words fish, Japan and respect in the same sentence makes me scratch my head.:D
The fish was purchased it out of respect for the country of japan. Cool thing is that the guy who bought it is serving it at his normal sushi price in recognition of what the people have gone through over the last year and wanted to make sure that it stayed in country. Now I'm craving sushi

Yuck it up. One of your grandchildren may someday ask you, "What's a bluefin tuna?"
that sad fact is that it will not only be the blue fin just think about how many animals we have wiped out (that we know of) in the last 50 years and its only going faster

Back