Quantcast
Fry pan - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fry pan

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Well, thanks, I appreciate the link. I guess my idea of a "bit" more expensive is a little different. The 9 1/2" Falk is 250 bucks plus shipping if any. That's a WHOLE more than a 12" Tramontina at 40 bucks. Sure, I'd love to have one of these Falks, but my discretionary income doesn't allow it. ;-)

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Whoops, sorry. Didn't notice you're in Slovenia...forget Walmart suggestion. ;-)

How on earth did you wear out an all-clad?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrano View Post
    150 for a sauce pan... 195 for a fry pan. still think it's worth it. my all clad's wore out pretty quick.
    http://www.copperpans.com/falktrymepiece.html
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Well, thanks, I appreciate the link. I guess my idea of a "bit" more expensive is a little different. The 9 1/2" Falk is 250 bucks plus shipping if any. That's a WHOLE more than a 12" Tramontina at 40 bucks. Sure, I'd love to have one of these Falks, but my discretionary income doesn't allow it. ;-)
    You could get an entire set of Cuisinart multiclad pro for that price!

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    How on earth did you wear out an all-clad?
    I heard a rumour that All-clad was bought out a while back--the pans I've seen at the store don't hold a candle to my older all-clad cookware.

Thanks for the responses. I have some more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    I heard a rumour that All-clad was bought out a while back--the pans I've seen at the store don't hold a candle to my older all-clad cookware.
    It seems that all clad has reduced the thickness of the aluminum interior .

Im leaning to the Cusinard or Emeral. If i will found some all-clad MC2 for a good price i will buy that.
    I have another question what do you find more useful and why, a skillet or a saute pan?

And how do you like a skillet or saute pan with encapsulated bottom?
    I read that it may burn the food around the edge of the bottom, if the flame is too high. Any thoughts?

I have a couple of Cuisinart multiclad pro, Tramontina Tri-Ply, All Clad and even a Wolf Gang puck tri-ply pan among others. Now I cook on induction so copper, aluminum and non magnetic materials won't work, that is unless simply an inner layer in a mutli-ply pan. Back to the pans to be really honest all of those I listed cook the same and I find no difference in the way they heat up or cook. The main difference is the handle and how they feel which might be find for one and not good for another. I'm not a fan of All Clad pan handless but can live with them.
    --
    Joe

I really like the all-clad handles, my hand fits them really well, but if the grip is a little off they are NOT comfortable. You have to hold them the way that were designed to be held.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I love my Cuisinart Multiclad Pro pans, they are an exceptional value. My only complaint is that the rivets they use don't appear to be stainless steel and wear faster than the pans. A small issue perhaps, but it irks me nevertheless.

Some great deals on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Clas...999987&sr=8-19

http://www.amazon.com/Whole-Clad-Tri...6000147&sr=1-4

I have teh Duxtop and it blows away the Emeril stuff at the same prices, far better quality

+ Reply to Thread