Quantcast
Hi from Switzerland
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Switzerland

Hi from Switzerland

Hi everyone

I just registered after lurking a bit. Seems a friendly place.

I'm a amateur chef, love french and asian cuisine, good wines and having fun with friend around a well set table. So far I've used several Solingen knives, Burgvogel (not so famous brand, I guess). I like them and always kept them pretty sharp but alway knew there was a whole different world out there (east, I mean )

My interest in kitchen knives is renewed after buying myself a shirogami gyuto. For this purchase I studied websites and reviews for some days but I realize there's years of learning ahead.

I also got myself some sharpening stones and started sharpening today. My knife's blade is already lightly chipped, so after trying on a cheap damast knife I tried to sharpen the new gyuto. My tests have been rather satsfying so far though I'm sure it can get a lot better.

Anyway, prepare to answer some dumb questions! :lol:

Have a good day, all.

Val.

Hello Switzerland ... and welcome

Welcome Valerian. Think you're the first Swiss person here

Welcome!
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]

Welcome to the Knut house!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Welcome Val. I traveled through Switzerland briefly while in college. Beautiful country.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Think you're the first Swiss person here
    It would be interesting to see a world map displaying the location of members as tiny colored dots...

That is a great little story. Good to hear of someone who isn't afraid to take the first steps and put their good knives on a good stone.

Welcome to the forum, Val!

Welcome. Are you from the French, German or Italian area?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Thanks for the friendly welcome, guys! This is a great place, tons of knowledge. My head spins!

I can't believe I'm the first Swiss here! Really?

K, I'm from the German speaking part of Switzerland. Up north, to be precise.

Cheers, Val.